Bellamy Blake - "Every human life is worth the same and worth saving"

"Bell?" You leaned against the wall and crossed your arms over your chest. "Is everything alright?" You knew the answer to that question already. You couldn't remember the last time things had been alright. You couldn't remember if things had ever been alright.

"No..." Bellamy took a deep breath. A frown covered his forehead and he shook his head while he looked up at you. His lips were forming a straight line and his eyes looked even more tired than they usually did. "We have a problem and you have to promise me not to tell anyone."

You felt a shiver rolling down your spine and you straightened your back before you headed towards the chair next to his. "Have I ever told anyone anything of what you told me?" You reached for his hands and curled your lips up into a smile, but where Bellamy normally smiled back, he didn't do so now. "What's wrong?"

Bellamy licked his lips. "You know that we're rebuilding this part of the ark so it can protect us against the radiation, right?" Bellamy waited until you nodded and then he cocked his head. "It looks like it can only save a hundred of us."

"A hundred?" You widened your eyes and held your breath. "And what happens to everyone else? Wait..." You froze for a moment and shook your head. "How are we gonna decide which hundred people will get to live?"

Bellamy kept silent for a moment. The palms of his hands were sweating and then he let out a deep sigh. "Clarke is making a list. A list of the hundred people who are allowed into the bunker." Bellamy paused for a moment. "I made sure you're on it."

"And what about you?" Your voice was barely a whisper and Bellamy's silence was an answer in itself already. "You're not on it." You stared at your entwined hands, at you fingers.

"I didn't want to take up someone else's spot." He shrugged his shoulders. "But let's hope we don't need that stupid list, okay? Every human life is worth the same and worth saving. We still have some time left before the radiation hits. Until then we still have a chance to find a solution so we can save everyone." He stood up from his chair, but you stayed where you were while you followed his movements.

You swallowed. "Bell?" You waited until he locked his glance with yours again. "You've worked so hard. You've given up so much. You did things no one else wanted or dared to do. You took risks everyone thought were too dangerous." You licked your lips. "You deserve to be on that list. You should be on that list."

Bellamy stood still and then he shook his head. "No, I don''t. Let's just hope we don't need that list, but if we need that list and if you survive and I die, I wanna make sure I did everything I could. I don't want to die without any scars."

"I don't want you to die at all." You stood up from your chair and pressed a kiss on his lips. "What can I do to help you?"

"Make sure you don't get in trouble so I'm not distracted by worrying about you."