Fine, You Caught Me

(PLAY SONG)
"Marshall, we need more milk!" You yelled upstairs to Marshall as you looked in the fridge searching for a jug of milk to make a bottle for your son.

"Ok." Marshall responded as he raced down the steps, making loud thumping noises which was scaring the tired child in your arms.

"Marshall try to be more quiet, Cole's trying to sleep." You hissed whispering as he walked in the kitchen towards you.

"I'm going to pick up some Milk at 7/11. I'll be back soon." He whispered as he gave you a peck on the lips.

He then stared at the baby laying peacefully on your chest with his blue pacifier in his mouth. Marshall smiled then gave him a kiss on the top of his small curly haired head.

"See you soon buddy, be good." He spoke to your son as he looked you in the eyes and gave you a kiss on the nose.

"Love you." He said as he walked to the coat rack and grabbed his grey hoodie sliding it on over his body.

"Bye, love you too." You responded as he walked out the door.
-----------
It started to storm outside and Cole wasn't being very patient with you as you put him down for a nap.

The only solution you could think of was to sing, so you picked a song in your head and starting singing softly.

"On the first page of our story, the future seemed to bright........" you sang keeping your voice at a whisper.

All you could vision in your head were you and Marshall when you were younger. Running around Eight Mile, causing a ruckus everywhere you went, going to his rap battles every month to support him. Looking back at those times, it's amazing to see how much you both have matured since then.

"But you'll always be my hero, even though you've lost your mind....." you sang, still thinking of Marshall as you sang those words.

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn? Well that's alright because I like the way it hurts, just gonna stand there and hear me cry? Well that's alright because I love the way you lie, love the way you lie...." I whispered as Cole's eyes started closing.

"I love the way you lie...." you finished as you rubbed Cole's forehead soothingly with your thumb to keep the nightmares away.

Once he was asleep, you bent down and gave him a gentle kiss on his head as he laid there peacefully through the thunderstorm out his window.

What you didn't know as was that Marshall had come back and was standing by the doorway listening to you the whole time. You walked out of the room and silently closed the door behind you making sure you didn't wake up Cole.

"After all these years, I never knew you could sing." Marshall said with his back against the wall looking at you with interest.

"I don't know what your talking about." You spoke nervously as he pushed himself off the wall and walked over to you.

"I think you do." He whispered sweetly giving you a kiss on the lips.

After he parted from your lips you sighed, knowing there was no point lying to him.

"Fine, you caught me." You admitted, looking him in his icy blue eyes.

"It was horrible." You said blushing in embarrassment as you looked down at your bare feet.

"You're wrong, It was beautiful." He corrected as he lifted up your chin with his index finger, smiling as he wrapped you in a warm hug.

You hugged back and buried your head in the crick of his neck.

"I don't know where I would be without you." He whispered as he pulled you tighter to his chest.