All I Ask Adele Songfic (Pt.1)

I will leave my heart at the door
I won't say a word
They've all been said before, you know
So why don't we just play pretend
Like we're not scared of what is coming next
Or scared of having nothing left?

"(Y/N) can you come with me?" Marshall shouted over the loud club music.

You nodded your head repeatedly and followed Marshall out of the jumping crowd. He kept glancing behind him to make sure you were still there, like you would disappear within a second. He led you to the exit door and held the door open for you as the two of you walked out. Once you got outside you saw an old rusty swing set with two swings hanging from the top bar.

You felt a warm hand wrap around yours, "C'mon." Marshall said warmly entwining your fingers together.

You willingly walked side by side with him towards the swings. He sat down on the right and you sat carefully down on the left swing. You were aware that the white dress you were wearing was getting dirt on the bottom, but you didn't care. Something is bothering Marshall and no matter how many times you could deny it, you cared about him.

You started fiddling with your fingers, "Why'd you take me out here Marshall?" You questioned continuing to fidget.

From the corner of your eye you could see Marshall staring at you in deep thought. You finally got the courage and made eye contact with his intense gaze.

"You know this is our last night together right?" He said barley above a whisper.

You looked down sadly not wanting him to see the tears forming in your eyes.

"I know." You frowned looking away from him and down to the dirt under your feet.

"(Y/N)?" He whispered which made you look at him in sorrow, "Please don't be sad. We can still always call each other. I'm never too far away."

"I know, but I'm afraid that I'm never going to love anyone after you." You cried, feeling the tears you've been holding back flow from your eyes.

"Please don't." He said as he got off of the swing he was sitting on and walked in front of you.

He got down on one knee and cupped your face gently in his hands while he started wiping your salty tears away.

"I don't want this night to end so sadly. I want you to remember all the good memories we've had together. Remember that one time when we played with water guns in the studio to get back at Paul for laughing at us. Or that one time when you put a whoopee cushion on my chair and when I sat down during a meeting you made everyone think I farted." He recalled.

As you looked in his eyes, you could see a little glimmer shining deep within them as he explained all the moments you had shared together.

"I remember all those." You chuckled sniffling some, but the tears dried.

He smiled sweetly and looked down, "Could we dance?" He blushed.

If this is my last night with you
Hold me like I'm more than just a friend
Give me a memory I can use
Take me by the hand while we do
What lovers do
It matters how this ends
'Cause what if I never love again?

"It would be my pleasure." You smiled, he got up and held out his hand for you to take.

You took his hand gently and got up. He took you to level ground which was street with lamps all the way down the road, giving you the vibe of being on a stage.

He stopped and turned to face you. Once he  was a step away from your body he grasped your hip with his left hand and looked down at you from his 5'9" figure. Once you got your bearings you set your hand on his shoulder and held the hand he was holding out to the side in the air. You both stepped side to side in sync, staring into each others eyes. When you looked into his eyes they depicted the vision of staring into an icy blue ocean.

I don't need your honesty
It's already in your eyes
And I'm sure my eyes, they speak for me
No one knows me like you do
And since you're the only one that mattered
Tell me, who do I run to?

"Do you know how beautiful your eyes are?" He commented, making your cheeks turn rosy red.

"Has anyone ever told you how handsome you are?" You smiled, causing him to smirk.

"Huh, funny you mention that. I've heard I'm a pretty big deal lately." He smirked sounding like a jackass.

"Your so prideful." You giggled as you laid your head on his chest.

"I know, I'm an asshole right." He laughed wrapping his arms around your hourglass shaped body.

"You can be very sweet when you want to be though. Your not an ass all the time." You smiled hearing his beating heart.

"Am I being sweet now?" He asked shyly.

"Very much so."