Late Nights

"Baby, why don't you come upstairs. You've been down here since dinner." You said concerned, looking at the tired and worn down Marshall in front of you.

"I'm ok honey, go to sleep. I'll be up in a few." He persuaded, telling you to go upstairs.

You walked quietly up the stairs, being careful you didn't wake up the kids. Once you got to the room you laid down in the cold bed sheets alone. The moment your head hit to pillow you knew you wouldn't be able to sleep, so you turned on the TV and of course the first channel that popped up was ESPN. You rolled your eyes smirking slightly to yourself. You flipped through the channels and found South Park, so you clicked on it and started laughing.

The marathon ended, so you turned the TV off and happened to glance at the clock. You gasped, noticing it was 2:30 AM and Marshall still hadn't come up yet. You walked out of the room and went back downstairs to make sure Marshall was ok.

"Marshall." You whispered tiredly, taking cautious steps down the stairs.

When you looked towards the table you saw Marshall with his head laid down, using his arms for a soft surface.

You walked over to him and gently rested your head on his shoulder and wrapped your arms around him.

You got close to his ear and started whispering, "Marshall, baby wake up." He stirred some, but he still didn't want to move, "Marshall, please get up. I don't want to sleep without knowing you are comfortable." You pledged.

Thankfully, he heard you this time. He stirred awake and looked at you're angelic face smiling softly.

"C'mon, let's go to bed." He whispered, wiping the tiredness from his eyes. "Thanks for coming to check on me." He continued, wrapping his arm around you for support.

You looked at him softly and kissed the side of his masculine cheekbone, "That's what I'm here for. I promised you in the day of our wedding I would keep you healthy."