Eighteen

Back upstairs the mood had changed and everyone was laughing when Sophie almost had a heart attack

Back upstairs the mood had changed and everyone was laughing when Sophie almost had a heart attack. She had not expected this and had truly thought the everyone had forgotten her eighteenth birthday. But she was happy and excited, even though she felt kind of shy about the whole situation. She was surprised to see a lot of pizza and snacks. There were different flavors of soda in a big tub in the kitchen with cans of beer mixed in. Though, she could tell by the look on her father's face that the beer was definitely not for her.

She felt her father draw her into a hug and she laughed. "I thought you guys forgot about my Birthday." 

Jeremy chuckled and shook his head. "This is the first Birthday I get to spend with my daughter and I am going to make the best of it. There is no way I would forget."

She grinned at him then at everyone else as they each took turns hugging her. The hugs seemed fine until she found herself facing Nick and he pulled her in for a hug. It was like fireworks went off and the tingling of her skin though the clothes and wherever he touched seemed to send sparks everywhere. She tried to jump back, but Nick held her even closer as he placed his face in her neck. 

"Um...Nick...are you okay?" She knew she felt something, but she was not sure if she was ready for what she felt. Suddenly she heard a growl from behind her and she was tugged back by her father, who was now glaring at Nick, who in turned growled back. 

"I waited like you said. She is eighteen." Nick had narrowed his eyes at Jeremy and then glanced at a very surprised Sophie. 

"Nick, please, Jeremy, don't ruin her Birthday. Okay?" Elena had stepped in and was leading Sophie to the kitchen table where the pizza was still warm and grabbed Sophie a Coke out of the big washtub full of ice as Nick and Jeremy finally cooled off and joined the rest of the group. She sat down at the table and Nick and Jeremy each landed on either side of her. 

She wasn't sure how to feel about it, though she kind of liked the attention. She kept quiet about it and snagged a slice of pizza and some bread sticks. Once they were on her plate she got a large helping of salad and she began to eat. 

Everyone started talking and laughing and Sophie remained in her own little world. Her thoughts seemed to wander as Nick scooting his chair closer seem to escaped her notice. Jeremy growled a little more and reached around Sophie to smack Nick in the back of the head.

Elena glared at both of them and then went back to talking once more. 

After dinner, they all headed to Jeremy's office as it was comfortable and there was room for the whole pack in there. 

Sophie's eyes widened at the stack of presents on the desk. She had no idea that they had gone to so much trouble and she felt her eyes burn with tears. She bit her bottom lip as everyone picked up the present they bought and sat down. The witches came forward first. Each sister holding a present. 

Sophie took the first one offered with a thank you. She gently removed the wrapping paper and then set it aside. She had not ripped it at all and then she opened the shoebox. Inside was a bunch of crystals. Each one was tied in a string and a little card saying what they were. 

Sophie grinned and looked up. "These are beautiful. Sophie loved gems and she would be looking them up online to learn about them. Something that she enjoyed. 

Next came the gift from Paige and she opened the package. Inside was a diary. Paige looked up at her and smiled. "I know that you are a wolf and a with, but you are a human girl as well. You can use that to write your deepest secrets in when you are not working on your book of shadows." 

Sophie grinned ever wider and hugged Paige and her sister. "Thank you. I hope we can get to be good friends."

Clay came over next. She had no idea what he would give her since he was a guy. But when she opened the present and found a book on ancient artifacts, she literally hugged him. "How did you get this? It is a college edi...oh...." She had forgotten that he was a professor at one time. 

Elena was laughing when she came over. "He thought of that himself. I had nothing to do with it." She handed her another package and went to sit by Clay. Inside was a dagger with a sheath. One that fit her hand to a tee. "Oh my gosh. This is awesome. Thank you."

Nick came over with a small package. It was a long back box with a bow on it, Nick remained where he was and waited for her to slide the purple ribbon off of the box and open it. She almost dropped it when she saw what was inside. 

Looking back up at Nick she wanted to say that she couldn't accept it, but the look in his eyes stopped her instantly. Looking back down at the gift she slowly lifted out the necklace, bracelet and earrings to show everyone else the gifts. 

Jeremy narrowed his eyes, knowing that it was a set of five actually and he knew that Nick had the rest of the set hidden for now. It was a wedding set.

Before Sophie could speak, Nick was helping her put on the bracelet and the necklace and she was putting on the earrings. She felt grown up. Almost too grown up. 

******I apologize for the short chapter. I wanted to let Jeremy give his gift last, that will be in the next chapter. I hope you like this chapter. Please be sure to vote if you do.