Claws and Torture

Stone Haven

It had been a week since they had taken Sophie. Jeremy was livid. They had not been able to find any traces or any leads on his daughter.

They had found Nick and brought him home, but Nick was a mess. He was angry and like Jeremy, he would not respond well to anyone. 

The longer the time the less likely that they would find her. Jeremy had vowed not to give up. He wanted Sophie back home and hoped that Malcolm would not get to her. She was still vulnerable and even though she had come so far, she was young and still was not mature in her abilities. Malcolm could not have gotten her at a worse time.

Nick stormed through the house and went into Jeremy's office unannounced.

"WHY ARE WE JUST SITTING AROUND!" 

Jeremy growled lowly.

"DON'T YOU THINK I WANT HER BACK AS MUCH AS YOU DO?! IT WAS YOUR DUMB ASS THAT WANDERED OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

Elena lifted her head in alarm. Jeremy and Nick were getting out of hand. They would soon kill each other if something didn't change soon. They needed a lead.

She and Clay had been doing a lot of searching and following what little leads they'd had and turned up nothing. Malcolm had vanished with Sophia without a trace.

"I WOULDN'T HAVE GONE OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU HADN'T RESTRICTED ME FROM HER! THE YOU CAME UP WITH THE BRILLIANTASS PLAN TO RESCUE ME AND LEFT HER ALONE WITH THE NEW PACK MEMBERS!"

The sound of a thud and a crash echoed through the house.

Elena stood up from the kitchen table that she and Clay had been sitting at. Clay emulated her movements and they both ran for Jeremy's office.

"I WAS TRYING TO SAVE YOUR SORRY ASS! IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO TURN OUT THIS WAY. I WANT MY KID BACK!"

Elena and Clay made it to the door just in time to see the two shift. Already the room had been trashed and it looked like Jeremy needed a new desk.

"GUYS! You have to stop this. This won't bring her back and you know it. There had to be something that we missed. Let's focus on that. You know Sophie would be unhappy at both of you for trying to kill each other. Think of her feelings."

A soft whine came out of Nick at the mention of Sophie's name and Jeremy skidded to a stop, his huge paws causing the rug to slide underneath him, sending him sprawling onto the ground on his side before he leaped to his feet.

He shifted back as Clay pulled out some basketball shorts and tossed them at Jeremy and Nick. He would let Elena handle it this time as he kept quiet. He knew that she knew what to say at this moment better than he did and he would just mess it up.