The Stranger in the Cellar

The next morning she felt the sun beating down on her face and she covered her eyes for a moment and groaned

The next morning she felt the sun beating down on her face and she covered her eyes for a moment and groaned. She was still tired and had not slept well the night before, but she knew she had to get out of bed.

Sighing she sat up and looked around. She was not in her room and realized that it was Nick's room she was in. He was gone now, but she knew he was in the house. Mainly because she could hear the heated argument downstairs between him and her father. She wondered if they knew that she was awake and listening.

"I know what you told me. I can't stay away from her. There is a bond. A pull that I can't seem to fight."

Nick sounded frustrated and angry.

"She is barely eighteen and she has to keep her wits about her right now. The events of last night mean that we need to tighten up our guard. I am bringing more wolves in. We have no choice. I need you elsewhere. Elena and Clay will be watching her from now on."

Her father sounded firm in his decision and she could hear Nick growl, followed by footsteps and the front door slamming.

She let out a sad sigh and crawled out of bed and into her own room.

The mess from the night before had been clean up and her balcony sliding door had been covered over with a  large piece of plywood.

She grabbed a change of clothes and went to take a shower.

Closing the door behind her, she turned on the hot water and waited for it to heat up. Her thoughts were going wild at the moment and the scenes from last night were flashing through her mind.

Danger.

That was the only thing that came to mind and she was scared of what could have happened to her. The wolf that had appeared on her balcony was more than terrifying to her. She had seen the blood red eyes and the sharpness of his canines.

She had no doubt that she could have been taken or killed last night and she trembled at the thought. She was eighteen and considered an adult in some ways, but she still had an innocence that was slowly being shattered by everything going on.

She stepped into the hot shower, feeling the stream beat down on her tense muscles, she let out a soft breath. The shower was beginning to calm her some and she felt herself relax.

The sad thing was that she now felt herself missing Nick. He had only been gone out of the house for like five minutes and she could sense he was upset.

She took a moment and tried to gather her thoughts, wondering if she could mind-link him. She had never been able to do that before and even though she had been pulled into the pack mind link, she had learned to shut it out. Sometimes it got to be too noisy for her taste.

She turned off the water and began to reach out in her mind. She found Elena's. Then her father's. Though she had not tried to connect with them.

Suddenly, she found it.