Elegance and Evil

When she awoke her eyes took a moment to focus

At first, all she could hear were whispers in the background and then she began to understand what was being said.

"It wasn't supposed to happen this way. The serum did something to her. Changed her. I doubt she will even know who anyone is when she awakens, Malcolm. You should have waited."

Sophie could hear the angry growls of what sounded like a cross between a dog and a human. A sound she didn't recognize.

"What happened? How did it change her?" The second voice was a deeper voice. It sounded like it belonged to a man. The polar opposite of the female that was talking just moments before.

"She won't remember you. She will have no control over her powers as a wolf or a witch. Hell, Malcolm. You just had me wipe her slate clean. I didn't think the serum was that powerful."

Sophie blinked her eyes completely open now. The room she was in had finally come into focus as her eyes slowly moved to gaze upon the two standing not too far away from her bed. One was taller and graying and the woman was small in stature with bright pink hair. A fact that Sophie was not quite able to understand. Though she truly did not know who either of them was.

A dust particle seemed to tickle her nose out of nowhere and she let out a small sneeze drawing the attention of the man and the woman.

Immediately the man closed the distance between them and started speaking to her as if he knew her. Words that seemed to fall on deaf ears, though she was listening to everything the man was saying as she appeared disinterested in what he was trying to tell her.

"Sophie, you are awake. How do you feel? Grandpa.....erm I was worried about you darling. I am glad to see you are doing well."

She gazed at him out of the corner of her eyes but did not move. Even when she felt his hand settle gently on her arm. She felt no fear, no pain and even no will to make an effort to reach out to this man. She felt nothing really. Her emotions seemed to be wiped completely as he smoothed the hair out of her face so that he could look into her brown eyes. Eyes that no longer held the warmth or the life that she'd had previously.

Her eyes were empty of any emotion.

A look of regret seemed to appear on his face as he could see that his grandchild was no longer there. He had not wished to go this far and he knew that the witch behind him was right.

"Sophie look at me. Let me know that you at least understand what I am saying to you."

Sophie's eyes wandered to the man beside her as he spoke. She had understood his words when he told her what to do. She just had no memory of who or what she was. Sophie had ceased to exist.

She let her gaze falter as she looked around the room before closing her eyes and drifting back off to sleep.

Malcolm stood and looked over to the witch a look of anger in his eyes.

"Witch, tell me how to get my granddaughter back. This is not satisfactory in my book. That is not my grandchild." He motioned to the sleeping young woman on the bad.

The woman just looked at him and shook her head.

I can't reverse the spell. I only knew how to create it. Unless you find another witch that that can reverse it. Which I highly doubt that you can, you will have to start from scratch. She seems to know basic words. So you still can teach her to be who and what you want. I just can't promise that she will ever regain who she once was. Her memory is gone."

Malcolm growled lowly at her. He had heard enough and he was done trying to listen to her.

All he had wanted was for Sophia to join him in his world. She was the first born female of her kind and she had power beyond comprehension. Now he had to start over and teach her everything once more. He didn't even know if he could teach her about emotions, but maybe that was for the best. He didn't want an emotional teenager on his hands and she would be able to do what she was asked to do. Instead of talking back like she had before.

Still, even he felt a loss that he had not wanted to feel.

Unlike his son Jeremy. He actually cared for this child. He had just not shown it until now.

He dismissed the witch and went to sit on the bed beside his grandchild. Gazing down at her innocent face, he began to plan what was going to happen next.

A sinister look appeared on his face as he leaned in and kissed her forehead.

"Rest Sophia Danvers. When you wake up the training will begin."