The Morning After

The next morning she awoke in her own bed once more. Though, she could hear Nick and her father talking quietly in the hallway just outside her door. She knew the discussion was about her and that her father was not ready to let her go just yet. 

'I don't if she is your mate or not. We are in unchartered territory. She just turned eighteen and she has no idea how to handle all the power inside of her yet. She doesn't have control of her wolf and I can sense it is trying to take over at times. You have one job. Protect her. Do not touch her. I am putting her fully in your care as her guardian. That doesn't give you the right to do anything but. She isn't ready and until she is, I will be watching you. I won't hesitate to tear you apart if I have to.'

The discussion was hushed as if they thought she was still asleep. She knew she shouldn't be listening, yet she couldn't help her wolf hearing. Not to mention they were talking on the other side of her bedroom door.

'If I find you have taken her to your bed again, you and I will have words. Understand?'

There was a low growl after that and she swallowed hard, gasping at the sound.

Scrambling out of bed, she headed grabbed her bathrobe and slippers. After putting them on she grabbed her clothes for the day and opened the door, darting across the hall to take a shower.

Her father could be scary if he wanted to and she felt that now. Maybe it was the power that seemed to come off of him. Or maybe it was just that he was trying to protect his baby girl from the world a bit longer while she was learning how to control her powers. 

She quickly showered and washed her hair. Once she was dressed she dashed back across the hall, noticing that Nick and her father were gone. She knew where they were. Her father always took matters into his office when he wanted privacy and he knew that she had heard more than she should have.

Once her hair and makeup were done she headed down the stairs to the kitchen. The smell of bacon and eggs permeated the house and she felt her stomach growl in hunger and anticipation.

Today would be another long day of training and she knew that they would not be easy on her. After what happened last night she knew that they would want to get her up to speed and in control of her wolf. She was an alpha's daughter and she would not be given an ounce of leniency. She knew that.

Clay and Elena were in the kitchen finishing up breakfast so that the others could come in and eat. Feeding a wolf pack was not an easy feat and she could tell by the piles of eggs and bacon that was making it to the table. She noticed that there were waffles and hash browns as well. She knew that Elena wanted to be sure that everyone was fed.

Sophia quickly moved to the cupboard and pulled out the plates and silverware to set the table she knew that everyone would be in soon and Clay and Elena were hopping around to get everything ready. Just as she finished arranging the last of the cups and napkins her father and Nick came in, followed by some of the others of the pack.

She sat by her father and sure enough Nick was beside her. She said nothing and began to fill her plate with the food that was being passed around the table. Her wolf was hungrier than usual and she was salivating over the bacon like everyone else.

The conversation was light as they didn't want to discuss the events of the night before. Sophie was not quite ready to hear it and in some small way, she hoped that maybe it would all have been a dream. Hopefully.

She finished off the plate and automatically her hand reached out for the last piece of bacon. Instead, it collided with Nick's. He was intent on the same thing.

She gave him playful growl and he pulled his hand back minus the pice of bacon that still remained on the plate.

Grinning she snagged and then turned to look at him triumphantly. He smiled disappeared when she saw the look in his eyes. He was giving her puppy dog eyes as he eyed the bacon in her hand. She was just about to pop it into her mouth when she saw the look. Sighing she broke the piece in half and held it out to him. Instead of taking it out of her hand with his hand, he took it with his mouth.

Suddenly a growl came from her left. Her father was not pleased with Nick's actions and he pulled back rather quickly with the bacon in his mouth. He chewed it and swallowed as Sophie put the other half of the last piece in her mouth.

She felt her father grab her by the waist and pull her closer to him protectively. She didn't complain as she knew that he was just trying to protect her. Not that she needed it in that moment. She had just let Nick know who was boss. The only problem was, she had also just caved into his puppy dog eyes and now he knew that he could use them whenever he wanted something. Jeremy was not happy about that.

Clay and Elena seemed to ignore everything as they talked quietly between the two of them and Sophie was oblivious to what they were saying.

"Nick, you and the guys are on cleanup. Sophia, come with me, we need to have a talk before we do training today, okay honey?"

"Sure daddy."

She stood and followed him out as Elena and Clay glared at Nick, Elena spoke first.

"You do know that he will kill you if you don't stop?!"

Nick nodded and sighed.

"I can't help it. She is my world. I have never felt like this before."