15

" Shane Garcia, one of the most .. ", Click.

" Shane Garcia... ", Click.

" A shooting in Manhattan... ". Shyne turned off the TV before throwing the remote across the room.

His eyes were bloodshot red as he sat alone in the living room. The news of his father had hit his family just 5 hours after his death.

Monica passed out and had been passed out for the last 2 hours. Kym cried herself to sleep and the rest of the gang didnt know yet. Shyne was hurt. Confused. Angry.

Less than 24 hours previous, all his family were there celebrating the good news - he was going to become a married man, start a new life. But one life was lost in the process of making a new one.

You know they say you have to lose to gain? Shyne didnt believe in that with this situation. His role model was gone. Kym woke up to the sound of the remote crashing against the floor.

She walked downstairs to the living room where she saw Shyne sitting there looking lost and hurt. She sighed as she felt the tears brewing on her eyelids again.

" Shak- ", " Why him? I mean yeah he had his demons but he was still a reasonable man. He didnt trouble anyone who didnt trouble him ", Shyne said with tears in his eyes. Tears of sadness. Tears of anger.

" Its my fault. I know it's my fault. I bet it's cause of Dominic. That bitch ass nigga ", Shyne got up and kicked the tall diamond vase over making it crack.

Kym jumped as his action frightened her. She had seen him mad but not how he was acting. She feared him for the first time in her life.

" Baby, its not your fault. Its not okay? ", Kym told him as she tears fell from her face. Shyne shook his head before putting his head in his hands.

" I cant believe this shit man. He was meant to be there watching his grandchildren grow up, watching us get married. Watching me become the man he raised. This shit hurts yo ", Shyne said before breaking down into a fit of sobs. Kym's heart broke.

She was mourning the death of someone who was like a father to her. Shane always made sure Kym was alright and since discovering she was pregnant, he always checked up on her.

" Baby dont blame yourself. Its not your fault honestly. God decided to call his angel home ", She told him as she walked over to him before grabbing him into a hug.

" Not my pops man. Why him? ", Shyne sobbed.

" Its okay baby. Let it all out ", Kym said to him as she rubbed his back and rocked him a little. Shyne wiped his hand over his face.

" Imma kill whoever did this ", he hiccuped.

" I got you baby ", She whispered to him still hugging him.

The couple slept on it. Well at least they tried to. The anger within Shyne wouldnt allow him to sleep. He seeked vengeance but he didnt want to start any unnecessary war.

He need to make sure his moved were calculated and thought through. Kym couldnt sleep either.

It upset her to know that within a couple of months, somebody else she cared about was dead. It felt like everywhere she went, death or trauma followed.