Prologue

The Sky Devils squadron are gathered on their last day before they go home. They are called to lead scientists on an uncharted island. Preston Packard who is the leader gladly accepts the mission. There are some more recruits brought in and then it's time to dock out. Captain Earl Cole was sitting with the rest of the squadron as the boat was being loaded up. "I can't wait for y'all to meet Georgie." Cole snickered. Mills looked to him and said "Georgie? Who's that?" Reles said "Cole is that the one you-" He was interrupted by Cole shushing him. Reles smirked and said "I can't wait for y'all to see this." Mason was the photographer for the mission and most of the guys didn't care for her. She was pretty but not their type. Slivko said "when do we get to see him?" Cole busted out laughing along with Reles. "What?" Slivko asked. Mills shrugged and Cole said "not him. Her." He pointed to a female walking on the dock. Mills turned around and his eyes widened. There she was. Georgie King. She smiled to Mason and kept walking towards the men. James stopped her and she quickly said something to him before walking over. Her curly hair went to the dip of her back and her skirt showed off her curves. Red lipstick laid on her lips and she was holding a clipboard in her hand. The moonlight shined on her skin and she smiled at Packard who tipped his hat to her. Mills said "t-that's her?" Reles nodded and said "yup. That's Georgie." Slivko said "but she's-she's..." Georgie stopped in front of the men and said "Captain Cole. It's nice to see you again." "Same to you." He said as he shook her hand. Reles stood up and said "miss." "And you must be...Reles." She said. He nodded and Georgie smiled. She flipped a page on her clipboard and said "Mills." He looked up at her and said "that's me, miss." She stuck her hand out and Mills shook it. A gust of wind blew causing Georgie's curly hair to blow everywhere. She quickly fixed it and said "last but not least Slivko." The tall lanky somewhat muscular boy stood up. "That's me. And you can call me Reg." The men oohed and Georgie smirked. "Ok Reg." She said. Slivko nodded and smiled at her. Georgie sighed and said "so you men were in the war?" Mills nodded and said "yes ma'am." Georgie continued to talk to Mills. They both laughed and Slivko couldn't take his eyes off the young girl. His eyes stared at her in awe and wonder at the young girl. There's no way a beautiful girl like that would ever fall for a guy like me. He thought. James walked over and said "make sure you guys get ready yeah?" Cole nodded and said "we're ready." James nodded to Cole and then looked to Georgie. "It's good to see you again." He said. Georgie looked at him and said "it's nice to see you too James. But I have a job to do here. And you know that." James nodded and walked off. Cole said "so you're gonna be documenting this whole thing? For your newspaper?" Georgie nodded and said "yes. Yes I am. Weaver is the photographer. We're going to be working together." Reles said "that's pretty cool." "By the way do you guys know where this deck and room is?" Georgie asked. The men crowded her clipboard and she waited patiently. Slivko looked at Georgie as she waited for the men to answer. His eyes trailed to her hair. Then to her eyes. Her eyes were the darkest brown her ever did see. Then his eyes moved to her lips. He hadn't even known this girl that long and he was falling too hard. Damn it Reg. You've only known her 10 minutes. He told himself. "It's a deck down from here." Cole said. Georgie nodded and said "thanks." Cole nodded and began to walk off. Mills nodded to Georgie and followed Cole. Reles did the same and it was just the two of them. "I'll uh walk you to the deck if you want. So you don't get lost." Slivko offered. Georgie nodded and said "please." He nodded and began to walk with her. Her heels clicked against the floor and she was staring at her clipboard. She jotted a few things down and then bumped into a taller figure. "That was my fault." Georgie said, afraid to look at who she ran into. "That was completely my fault ma'am." A country accent said. Georgie furrowed her eyebrows and looked up. "Chapman?" She asked. He squinted his eyes and said "woah is that you little Georgie?" She nodded and he hugged her. He spun her around really quick and she said "how are you?" "I'm good. Just wanna get this over with so I can get back to Billy." He replied. Georgie frowned at that. "It'll be over soon Jack. But I'm glad you're here." She said. Chapman smiled and Slivko watched the two of them. His eyes darted from her to him. Chapman bid her farewell and Slivko stared at the back of his head. "Slivko?" Georgie said. He snapped out of his trance and said "this way." Georgie smirked to herself and wrote 'he's a jealous one' in her notebook. When they reached her cabin door Slivko said "I'm three doors down to the left." He began to walk down the hall and count the doors leading to his. "1,2,3 and then I'm here." He said. He walked back to where she was standing. Georgie nodded and said "I'll see you?" He nodded and she sighed before going in her room. Slivko was left standing at her cabin door. His heart fluttered in his chest and he kicked a pencil that went rolling down the hall. He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked into his cabin. Mills looked up and said "you like her." Slivko rolled his eyes and said "no." Mills snickered and said "just admit it Reg." "Glenn I don't like her so please drop it." Slivko said. Annoyance dripped from his tone. "This is gonna be a fun trip." Mills said as he laughed. Slivko huffed and climbed onto the top bunk. He rolled over and faced the wall. Tomorrow would bring them the most dangerous things they've ever faced.

So I saw Kong and holy shit it's amazing. Don't read this book if you haven't seen it yet cause there will be spoilers in here!! Love you all!
~Skylar💚💗😍✨