The Island

Georgie's POV:
We were walking for I don't know how long. Slivko was in front of me now and his hand was still in mine. We found San, Victor and Houston along the way. It was nice to have some more company with us. I panted softly and Slivko turned around to look at me. "You ok?" He asked me. I said "I'm thirsty." He frowned and set his gun on the ground. He pulled his hand away from mine and our hands were slightly sweaty. James said "what's wrong?" "She's overheated." Slivko said. Mason frowned and Slivko grabbed his water bottle and grabbed a rag from his bag. He wet my face with it and I held his hand to my cheek. "You're ok." He said softly. I nodded and James said "there's some water up ahead. Let's get her some." Slivko nodded and said "come on." I stood up and he held his gun in the other hand. I looked up at him and he held me by my waist. Before I knew it we were near the river. I dropped to my knees and crawled over to the bank. I cupped my hand and brought the water to my mouth. I sighed and Slivko handed me the water bottle and I began to gulp it down. Then there was a rumbling. I looked to see the island in the middle of the river moving. Then I saw a creature. I gasped and Slivko aimed his gun towards it.

Mason stared in awe and James said "don't move

Mason stared in awe and James said "don't move." My lips parted and the creature came closer to me. I looked up at it and it made a lowing sound. I heard Slivko's gun rattling and James said "Slivko." He said "I'll shoot it." I backed away slowly and then stood up. I lowered his gun slowly and said "Reg it's ok. Look at me." His eyes met mine and he was tense. His gun was at his side and I grabbed it from him and set it down. I grabbed his hands and interlocked them. He pressed his forehead against mine and I said "it's ok." The creature walked away and he said "thanks." "You're welcome." I whispered. Mason snapped a picture of the creature and then it began to walk away. Slivko panted and I said "it's ok." James said "let's go." He began to walk and I picked up Slivko's gun. I handed it to him and he laughed a little. I smiled up at him and then kissed his cheek. "Thanks for caring about me." I said. Slivko said "of course." He then hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his body and he sighed contently. I played with the ends of his short hair and he pressed a kiss to my head. I pulled away to look up at him smiling at me.

I held my hand out and he took it in his

I held my hand out and he took it in his. I giggled and he smiled really big. We began to walk behind James and I said "you have your radio right?" He nodded and I said "you think Chapman is ok?" "Yeah. What's up with you and him anyway?" He asked. I said "you mean why are we so close right?" Slivko nodded and I said "it's because he rescued me. He rescued me from the hell I used to live in. I act like nothing bothers me but that's not true. He found me when I was beaten and he took care of me. That was when I was 13 though. He took me away from my abusive parents and when he went away for the war I didn't think I'd ever see him again. So I began a journalist job. To keep my mind off and to expose things like the stuff that happened to me. Now this gig might be the highest paying one and it'll pay off my rent. But now I'm not sure because we've crashed. Jack Chapman saved my life and if I'm able to save his I can be proud." Slivko stared at me and said "wow. But you should be proud because you survived parents who are damned to hell. And I'm here now. I won't let anything happen to you." I blushed and said "you really mean that?" Slivko nodded and I stopped for a second. He leaned in to kiss me and our lips were inches apart. "Guys. Please keep up." James said as he came around the corner. I looked at him and said "we're coming ok?" James nodded to the both of us and went ahead. "We should keep up. So he'll stop yelling at us." I said. Slivko nodded and frowned a little. I held his hand in mine and we continued to walk. Mason said "do you know where you're going?" James said "yes I do actually." Houston said "do you think anyone else is still alive?" "We can check over the radio. You wanna do that?" James asked Slivko. He nodded and set his gun down. He held the radio in his hand and said "anyone out there? Over." Static was all we got back. But then there was a garbled voice. "Repeat. Over." Slivko said. "It's Chapman, over." He said. I gasped and said "Jack!" He sighed over the radio and said "how're you Georgie?" "I'm ok for now I think. Where are you?" I asked. "With my chopper. Packard said to stay here. He's coming for me. I'll see you soon ok?" He said. I said "Jack promise me I'll see you." "I'll s- you g-eorgie." His voice was garbled and I sighed. San said "he's ok." I nodded and Slivko shoved the radio back in his bag. James said "ok let's go. There's some building over here or something." Slivko picked up his gun and began to walk next to James. I stayed close to the two of them and there was yellow and brown paint on these walls. I walked closer to one and it was a person. I screamed out in fear along with Mason. James aimed his gun at the people surrounding us. They were obviously natives to the island and Slivko said "do we shoot them?" James said "I don't know." San looked to Houston who cocked his shotgun.

The natives held spears out towards us and I said "Reg

The natives held spears out towards us and I said "Reg." He looked to the one who had a spear directly in my face and he said "get it out of her face." He hit the spear with his gun and it came back into my face. "Hey! You hear me?!" Slivko said. I panted as the spear laid in my face and the native stared back at me. I could see that they were only trying to protect their home.

"Woah, woah! Hey guys don't shoot!" A man said as he ran from inside the wall

"Woah, woah! Hey guys don't shoot!" A man said as he ran from inside the wall. He had a long beard and was dressed in military attire. My eyes widened and he said "jeez I can't believe you guys are here. When they told me y'all were coming I got all dressed up." He saluted us and James said "is it safe?" "Yeah put your spears down guys." The man said. The natives put down their spears and Slivko panted as he held his gun in his hands. James' eyes scanned each one before putting his gun down.

"Come on in

"Come on in. You guys don't wanna be out here at night." The man said. He walked in and Slivko exhaled. He slung his gun over his shoulder and James began to lead the way. Mason followed and Slivko wrapped his arm around me and we began to walk. I interlocked my hand with his that rested on my shoulder. He chuckled lowly and I smiled. Victor said "how can they be possibly falling in love right now?" Houston huffed and Slivko said "because she's beautiful. And I'm in love with her. So get used to it." Victor groaned in disgust and San said "shut it Victor." I looked up to Slivko and said "you really mean that?" He nodded and said "yep. Every word." I blushed and he kissed my cheek while making kissing sounds. I giggled loudly and buried my face into his chest. He laughed and we continued to walk into the natives home. This is where we'd be staying for the night. And I wouldn't want to be with anyone else except Reg Slivko.

Ok I'm so shocked on all the attention this book is getting. The comments and votes are making me so happy. I didn't think this book would get any attention but I'm so thankful!! I love you all and thanks for supporting this book!!
~Skylar🙈😫👏🏽💯