"I love you."

Italics are Georgie writing her book and memories that she has.
Georgie's POV:
I woke up before everyone. I grabbed my bag and noticed my notebook from the island. I sighed as I opened it up. There were many things jotted down on at least 15 to 20 pages. Slivko snored softly and I made some coffee downstairs. I grabbed a cup and sat outside on the balcony. There were some lounge chairs and I grabbed my typewriter. I sighed and began to write about the island.

Skull Island: By Georgie King.
Hey I'm Georgie. Most of you have read my column in the newspaper. But today I'm not writing in the newspaper. I come to you with a book.

I stopped for a second and I didn't know if I should make the book fictional or write the truth. I bit my lip and thought about it. People deserve to know about what happened on the island. I just hope nobody ever goes back.

This book is entirely true. Everything you're about to read actually happened. I want you all to know that this island is very dangerous and do not try to go and seek it. You'll find death. Now back to the point. I was assigned to this mission to write everything that happens for the local newspaper. Now I decided to write a book because I can't fit everything that happened in one column. So let's begin. The entire Sky Devil squadron was assigned to the Skull Island mission. All of them were about to be shipped home. It was their last day. And their boss, the colonel excepted this mission. The squadron included Colonel Preston Packard, Army Major Jack Chapman, Warrant Officer Glenn Mills, Captain Earl Cole, Warrant Officer Reg Slivko, and Warrant Officer Eugene Reles. Bill Randa asked them to take him to the uncharted island so they could drop seismic charges onto the ground. Which would give them amazing readings for an uncharted island. He brought his two colleagues with him, San Lin, and Houston Brooks. The three of them were working for Monarch, a government organization. Bill also needed a tracker and a photographer. He then hired James Conrad, one of the best trackers around. He's the one who led us into the jungle and saved us. Mason Weaver was the photographer. She captured almost the whole expedition and was perfect for the job. We were only supposed to be there for a little while. We were supposed to land and do everything we needed to do and then leave. But something prevented that. Something did not want us there. Something didn't like that we were dropping bombs into his home. The creature who guarded the island. Kong. A large ape the size of a skyscraper. He took down our helicopters one by one, killing men as he did. Honestly if someone began to blow up my home I'd be angry too. The helicopters were scattered across a 50 mile radius. Most of us were separated. I happened to be in the group with James, Mason, Reg and Victor Nieves. Whoops I forgot to mention him. He was the senior Landsat working on the expedition. Honestly, he wasn't supposed to be with us. I was the only one that was injured in the crash. Reg managed to help me and protect me. James began to lead us through the jungle and we came in contact with amazing creatures. Everything on the island was much bigger than us. Literally everything. The plants, the birds, even the insects were larger than us. It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. But before I go on, Jack Chapman saved my life before the whole island expedition. I had an abusive childhood. My mother died when I was very young and my father would beat me. He said it was because I reminded him of her. And that it was my fault she passed away.

I stopped writing for a moment as a memory entered my head. A tear went down my cheek and I set the typewriter aside. I walked to the railing and sniffled. I heard footsteps inside the hut and quickly wiped my tears. I took a deep breath and Mills said "hey Georgie?" I turned around and said "yeah?" "Mind if I have some coffee?" He asked. I said "knock yourself out." He smiled and said "thanks." I heard another set of footsteps and turned to look out at the water. Arms snaked around my waist and I said "good morning sleepyhead." Reg yawned and said "good morning." He turned me around to face him and he kissed my lips. "I'm hungry." He said. I rolled my eyes playfully and said "you're always hungry." Reg was a tall man that ate like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. He could eat you out of house and home but wouldn't gain any weight. He noticed my typewriter and that I had about 10 pages and he said "woah you started writing?" "I decided that I wanted to write a book. It would be easier and that I wouldn't have to go back to the paper. I hated it. I like writing a book better. It's easier and I could stay home." I replied. Reg said "well I think that's amazing." I smiled and said "really?" He nodded and said "really." He went and grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down next to me. "So what all have you written?" He asked. I said "you can read it." Reg took the papers and I watched his eyes go across the papers. "This is really good so far. Why'd you stop at the mention of Chapman?" He asked me. I chewed on my bottom lip and his eyes filled with curiosity. He blinked a few times and awaited an answer. It was adorable. "Um....it brought back memories of my dad. And he saved me. My dad literally threw me out of the house one night and I was beaten and bleeding. Jack was walking by and he saw me. He rushed over to me and I didn't have much human contact other than my father. When Jack cradled me and picked me up I immediately tried to get out of his grip. I ended up elbowing him in the chest and punching him in the lip. He told me to calm down. And he took me back to his house. He gave me loving contact when nobody else did. And it was amazing." Reg stared at me and said "really?" I nodded and said "yeah. My dad left scars on me. I hate to look at them because it reminds me of what he did to me. It's a disgusting feeling and nobody should ever feel it." Reg said "show me one." I decided which one I'd like to show him first. There were none on my legs luckily. Well none that he noticed. I remembered the one on my stomach. Just below by bellybutton. It wasn't a huge one and it had faded but it was still there. I lifted my shirt and pointed to it. Reg scooted closer to me and ran his finger across the faded line. "How'd you get that one?" He asked. "Do you really wanna know?" I replied. Reg nodded and I said "my dad was a little extreme. He had this wires that went around the whole house and uh I tried to run one night. I was about eleven at the time. And when I ran out the front door, the wire caught my stomach." I shuddered as the memory entered my head.