Be Together

This song inspired the book btw
Georgie's POV:
We all packed our bags and headed home. Jack let us stay at his place until Reg and I could afford our own. Most days Reg was out working with Jack and I was writing my book. We had been back at least two months. I sat at the typewriter in the room Reg and I shared. Small footsteps were heard and I said "Billy? Is that you?" "Yeah!" He said. He walked in and looked up at me. I picked him up and sat him in my lap. He hummed to himself and munched on a cookie. The crumbs fell on my thigh and I brushed them off. "I missed you Georgie." Billy said. I kissed the top of his head and said "I missed you too." I typed on my typewriter and Billy watched the letters appear on the paper. He read them softly and I smiled. "T-terrif..." he didn't finish. "Terrified. Terr-if-fied. Try it." I said. Billy said "terr-if-fied. Terrified." He smiled really big and I did the same.

I continued to type words on the paper and Billy's eyes flickered from word to word

I continued to type words on the paper and Billy's eyes flickered from word to word. "When's this book gonna be done?" Billy asked. "Soon. I'm halfway through it." I replied. He nodded and hummed to himself. He hummed Paranoid. I giggled to myself and said "uncle Reg loves that song." "I know! I like it too!" Billy said. I hugged Billy as he sat in my lap and he laughed. He nuzzled his head into my chest and my bedroom door opened. "Mommy!" Billy said.  "Hi!" Suzanne said as she peeked from behind the door.

Billy hopped off my lap and jumped into her arms

Billy hopped off my lap and jumped into her arms. "Hi baby!" She said as she hugged him. I smiled as she hugged her son. "Is this little guy giving you trouble?" Suzanne asked in a playful voice. I shook my head and said "actually he's keeping me company. We've been reading words and he's reading my book as I type it." "Why don't you take a break? I'll make the two of you a snack." She said. Billy gasped and jumped up and down. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Billy said. I smiled and she headed downstairs with Billy. I walked downstairs and Suzanne set some food on the table. Billy said "come on Georgie." I sat next to him and picked up a slice of watermelon. "So how is Reg?" Suzanne asked me. I said "he's good. How's Jack's store?" "Good. It runs really good and makes us a lot of money." She replied. I watched Billy eat grapes and I ruffled his hair and said "you're daddy faced off to a giant monkey." "Really?" Billy asked while looking up at me.

I nodded and he said "that's so cool

I nodded and he said "that's so cool." I smiled and ate some pineapple off my plate. Billy finished his plate and went off to his room to play. Suzanne said "so are you and Reg going to get married?" "Um I don't know." I replied. She giggled and said "the both of you should. You're so cute." I blushed and nodded. "Thank you for bringing Jack back alive. I hadn't got a letter from him in a long time and I didn't know what to tell Billy." "You're welcome. He's my big brother. There's no way I would come home without him." I replied. Suzanne nodded and the front door opened. Reg and Jack walked in. "Daddy!" Billy said. He jumped into Jack's arms and Jack laughed while holding him. Reg opened his arms and I walked over and hugged him. I kissed his lips affectionately and he said "you miss me?" I nodded and said "yes. I did." Jack and his family walked into the kitchen. Reg said "I have something to ask you." I furrowed my eyebrows and said "what's that?" Reg smirked and pulled something out of his pocket. I heard jack and his family come into the room but I didn't look at them. Reg got down on one knee and I gasped. "Georgie, I've been happier than I've ever been, being with you. I think I would've lost my sanity on Skull Island, watching my friends dying in front of me. But then there was you. Even though I was comforting you most of the time, you calmed me down when I panicked and made me smile when the going was rough. I can't survive without you and I hope you'd do me the honor of marrying me. Georgie King, will you marry me?" Reg asked. Billy walked over and stood in between us. "Say yes!" Billy said. I giggled and said "a million times yes!" Reg slid the ring on my finger and kissed me passionately. Billy cheered and clapped his hands. I turned around to see Jack and Suzanne smiling. "Georgie I want what's best for you and Reg so I bought you guys a house. Reg can work with me as long as he needs too." Jack said. I immediately hugged him and said "thank you." "Of course." He replied. I looked up at Reg and said "so this is the start of our new life." "Yes it is." He replied as he leaned down to kiss my lips.

Yes this was shit. I know. The next chapter will be fast forwarding to their marriage. This book will be ending soon. Probably like 3 more chapters at the max. I hope y'all are still here lmao.
~Skylar🌴☁️💗💜