Farewell Sayings

Hannah's POV

Beep ... Beep ... Beep ...

I groan. Lifting my head, I scan the sea-green walls around me packed tightly together like a cocoon, trying to find the source of the infuriating beeping.

Flinging back the covers, I reach across the room and grab my bright red retro alarm clock, fumbling with the switch as it keeps on ringing.

"God-dammit, will you just shut up?!" I half-yell, hitting the alarm clock until at last, it slips from my hands and smashes onto the turquoise-carpeted floor.

I sigh in relief, soaking up the first few moments of peace before realizing what a clutter I made. I quickly slide out of bed and scoop up the broken clock pieces, throwing them carelessly into the bin.

Well, at least that piece of junk isn't expensive, I thought to myself. I can just buy another one.

Then I change into a purple hoodie along with matching skinny jeans and white sneakers. I make a quick trip to the bathroom and brush my teeth before pulling my long blonde hair tightly into a braid.

I walk through the hallway and peek into Niall's room, seeing him snoring with his back to me. I kneel beside him and tap his head.

He groans, before turning around to face me.

"Wake up," I urges him, gripping his arm and trying to drag him out of bed.

"Five ... more ... minutes."

"Wake up!" I repeat before grabbing an air-horn from his beside table and blowing it as hard as I can into his face.

"Go away Hannah," he mumbles, pulling the blanket over his head.

I sigh. "Niall James Horan. If you don't get your ass out of that damn bed in five seconds, I'm gonna eat all of your buttermilk pancakes that dad set out for us."

Hearing my threat, he immediately springs from his bed and turns to glare playfully at me.

"Not on my watch." He folds his arms, trying to sound tough.

I shake my head at him, "you're gonna have to catch me first." And with that, I sprint out the door and into the hallway.

"Hey! Get back here!" Niall yelled, darting after me.

👫👫👫

As we both stride into the kitchen to put our plates into the dishwasher, I ask out of curiosity. "How long is your tour gonna last?"

"Probably until December."

"But our birthday's coming up this month, and you promised to be there!" I pout, starting to get angry. "You're barely around anymore!"

"I know and I'm really sorry I haven't been able to get around. Listen, I promise you when I get back, I'm gonna arrange a belated birthday party that's going to include mom, dad and Greg. Just the five of us; no fans, no publicity, nothing."

"You'd better! I'm holding on to that," I say, calming down once more.

"Trust me. I've got this," he replies, ruffling my hair.

"Oi! It took ages to fix that braid, and that was the best one so far," I whine, covering my head with my hood.

"You can always redo it," Niall remarks.

"True," I admit, heading out the door, Niall trailing behind.

As we enter the living room, Greg looks up from his phone.

"Morning Greg."

"Morning guys," he says, returning to his business. "Some fan girls are waiting for you outside," he adds to Niall.

As if on cue, loud screaming erupts outside from behind the curtains, making the silence creep out from the room.

He shrugs, "See? Fan girls."

"Ugh. As much as I love their supportiveness, they can be SO annoying sometimes," Niall mutters, lugging his suitcase behind him as he strides towards the front door.

"Do they even give you privacy any at all?" I groan as I eye Greg trying to pull the blinds down farther.

"Not even for a minute. Well, maybe when I give them autographs and selfies." He chuckles, before pulling all of us into a tight hug, squeezing us affectionately.

"I'm gonna miss you two so much," he muffled into our shoulders. "Even if you both have a habit of eating my Nando's breakfast."

"Aww, we'll miss you too, Ni."

We pull away, before he opens the door, revealing a cluster of bodyguards and fan girls crowded round the front porch.

The bodyguards step aside, clearing a small path for Niall to walk through so he can reach the stretch limo waiting on the other side of the street.

As he passes through, he turns back and waves farewell. I wave back, catching a glimpse of his smiling face as it disappears behind the doorway of the Limo.