Secrets To Be Shared

Zayn's POV

"Let's go to McDonald's!" Harry declares.

"Seriously Haz, this is going to be the third time visiting that crappy restaurant if we go there again," I groan.

He shoots me a warning glare.

I blow a strand of my dark hair from my face in frustration. "My ... apologies."

"That's more like it!"

"What I think we should do, since Hannah has been with us for almost a week so I suggest we give her a chance to pick the restaurant."

"Hey! That's a great idea!" Louis says, his voice full of happiness as it always is.

"That does make sense, since Hannah's our V.I.P guest," Liam adds.

"Still working in that nerd brain of yours?" Louis inquires with a teasing smile.

"For the millionth time, I'm. Not. A. Nerd!"

"Well you sure sound like one with all your facts, and speeches, and--"

"Louis," Liam interrupts. "Do us a big favor and just shut up?!"

"Oi! You started it!" He protests, pushing Liam.

Liam shoves him back, then they both started tackling each other while Harry and Niall quickly separate them.

I sigh, shaking my head in disbelief. When will those two learn to get along??

As I take my hands from my face, Hannah comes out from her room. "Morning, Zayn!"

"Morning!"

We smile at each other. But before we can move closer together, Niall comes through, making me stumble back.

"Ni! What the hell was that for?!" Hannah demands, trying to pull him back into the scene.

He stares at her intently. "What? It was just an accident, you know."

"If it wasn't intentional, then why didn't you apologize?" Hannah fires back.

"Sorry," he says coldly, not even looking at me.

"It's fine, I have no hard feelings," I reply, patting his shoulder.

He nods, before quickly stalking away.

I look on after him. What's bugging him so much? I ponder. I'm still lost in my thoughts when I feel a hand rest on my shoulder.

"Sorry about Niall," Hannah apologises. "He can be a bit aggressive sometimes."

"Has he always acted this way when you were with any of your boyfriends?"

"Funny you should mention that, because I never had a boyfriend," she admits.

"Really?" I wonder aloud.

"I know what you're probably thinking, that I'm a virgin," she informs me.

"No, not at all actually. Just thinking that's almost impossible."

"A good impossible or a bad impossible?" She says with a smile.

"Maybe a mixture of both," I answer.

We laughed. "Hannah!" Someone cries. We turn.

"Hey Liam, any help you need?" Hannah asks politely.

"Fortunately not, it's just that now it's your turn to pick a restaurant we're going to."

"I'm guessing it's going to be Nando's," I estimate.

"You read my mind."

"I certainly do," I reply back confidently.

👫👫👫

As we head to the 'MRT,' Hannah asks me, "Zayn, what's this?" She turns an ebony man bracelet with a single silver charm engraved with swirls and curves latched onto my right wrist.

As I lay my eyes on the familiar bracelet, the memory--the agony of that night never seems to leave me.

Without even thinking twice, I yank my arm away from Hannah's grasp.

"Don't touch that!" I say sharply. Her eyes widen at my sudden outburst.

Realizing what I'd just done, I sigh, running a hand through my dark locks. "Sorry about that."

"Zayn, are you ok?" She requests, laying a hand on my arm.

"Just ... some memories occurred to me," I answer softly.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," she offers.

"No, it's fine. It's a long story."

"Well, I have all day," she answers.

"What's the others doing?" I ask her.

"Niall's in the bathroom, Liam's reading, Harry's on his phone and Louis' checking his watch."

"Good. Follow me." I pull her into a small enclosed area not far from the lads. I sit down on a small stone step, resting my forearms on my thighs.

"So, I've never told anyone about this before," I start as Hannah plunks down beside me.

"If the lads don't know about this secret of yours and that you've been with them for two years as a band, then why are you telling me when you've only known me for a week?"

"Because ... I can feel that I can trust you," I reply solely. "My younger sister Safaa and I were really close together, just like how you and Niall are," I return to the previous subject.

"And what happened to her?" She persists.

"Well, one day while we were both playing by the pond, like we used to, there was a King Snake. It was going after me, but Safaa pushed me out of the way before it could bite me, it's venom paralyzed her, and before she passed away, Safaa gave me this," I pause before holding out the man bracelet Hannah was fiddling with earlier.

"As a reminder that she'll always be there at all times," I finish.

"Oh my god, I had no idea!" Her hand flies to her mouth.

"It's alright, I'm kinda over it now. But it still hurts."

"I never imagined such a thing that would happen in your life," she says solemnly.

"Me neither," I answer, as I stand. "Anyway, thanks for listening, Hannah. I feel better now."

"Anytime. In return can I just tell you a secret of mine that I never shared with anybody?"

"Sure," I sit back down.

"Sometimes when I need to get away from home, I come to these bushes where there's a secret door that I go through," pulling out her phone, she browsed through some photos that she took as an eight year-old.

"And beyond that door," she continues. "Is my secret garden that I visit once a week."

"You're so lucky!" I whine. "Why do you always get the good stuff?"

"So you think the good stuff is being chased by fan girls and paparazzi seven times a day?" She bursts out.

"Well, maybe not that good." I change my tone. We both chuckle.

"We should head back now," Hannah advises, standing up to head back to the bathroom.

"That's probably a good idea," I agree as I follow her.