The Barbecue Catastrophe

A/N

Hey guys what's up? This time the last 3 chapters are gonna be other people's POVs besides Zayn or Hannah's (and I'm pretty sure you were tired of just their POVs after all!). Enjoy!👍🏻

Harry's POV

It has been already two days since Hannah's been avoiding Niall and Niall's been avoiding Hannah, and two days is a long time, especially for a dumbo like me (according to Hannah).

And since the Horan twins haven't been getting along with each other since the worst concert that we've put on, Louis and I decide to arrange a special treat since their birthday is today and also for the band's success.

"Harry, will you please help me move the skillet to the deck?" Louis calls out. I quickly snap out of my thoughts.

"Sure, just after I bring the matches."

"But Harry!" Louis whines. "You can just put the matches in your pocket while you help me with the skillet!"

"But then my pocket will be set on fire before we even begin the barbecue!" I argue. And you're in luck that skillets aren't flamable."

"But it says right here on the handle: 'flamable skillet. Highly dangerous for children. Please be on your guard at all times when in use.'"

"Well ... I had no idea you were that dumb to not notice that. And besides, I knew that all along," Louis narrows his eyes at me. "Well then sorry that you can't handle the cold-hearted truth," I add as I let out a nervous laugh.

"You know what let's just get back to the barbecue," he places the skillet onto the top of the grill. "Harry, will you do us the honour of lighting the barbecue?"

"I shall be delighted," I reply with a smile, pulling out the box of matches from my pocket. I pick one out and scrape it against the side of the box as it engulfs into a tiny flame. Then I throw the matchstick in the grill as the flame grows.

Louis rubs his hands together. "Right. Now, where's the sausages?"

"Right here," I pull out a large container containing the still-fresh meat.

"Ah there they are. My old friends."

"Hey! I thought I was your old Friend!" I pout.

"No no, Harry. An old friend means that you haven't spoken or seen someone for either days, months or even years," Louis explains. "And since One Direction formed, we've been talking every day!"

"Oh. Sorry," I mutter.

"No worries." Louis places the sausages carefully on the top of the grill. "Hmm, I'm thirsty, Harry. Let's go get an iced drink at the bar."

"Hey, that's a good idea, Louis!" I agree with him.

As we both head towards the cruise's bar, I feel my hip bump against something hard and warm. But I don't bother to check. All I want is a Coke!

👫👫👫

"Mm, that was one of my favourite moments so far!" I stride back to the deck with Louis behind.

But just as we reach the front of the deck, a horrific scene strikes us like a bolt of lightning.

There, laid on it's back and caught on fire, is our beloved barbecue with the sausages overcooked.

"FIRE!!!!" Louis yells at the top of his voice. Fortunately people are already racing on the deck and jumping off the cruise to their safety.

There's a fire!" Some of them shout.

"We know! We're gonna put it out now!" Louis spies a fire extinguisher still in it's box on the far side of the ship.

In a flash, he quickly scoots to the fire extinguisher, breaks through the glass barrier and takes it out.

"Use the fire extinguishers!" He calls out to me.

"Of course!" I rush to more of the cases, break through all of them and carry two at a time back to the still-burning barbecue.

I remove the safety pin on one and aim. As the unclear foam comes spattering out, I unsuccessfully miss to my dismay as we watch in despair when all the foam runs out.

"We need more!" Louis cries out in desperation as he removes all the other safety pins from the other fire extinguishers.

👫👫👫

With the last fire extinguisher available, we manage to quench the flames with the foam and one successful hit.

"Whew! Glad that's taken care of," I wipe a bead of sweat down my forehead.

But Louis seems to be staring at something behind us, his eyes grow so wide I'm sure his face is gonna split in half.

"Think again," he says.

Turning, I see what Louis sees. Right before my eyes, is the tour-cruise, set ablaze.

Then I turn back to the high pile of fire extinguishers. No wonder Hannah calls us both dumbos!

"Um Harry," Louis starts. "I think we were never even allowed to have the barbecue on the deck in the first place." He points to a barbecue-free sign pinned on the very front of the deck. How had that escaped our eyes??!

For a moment neither of us say anything. Then we both gaze up at the ship.

"Are you thinking what I'm Loui?" I ask. He nods. We both unbutton our shirts and slide out of our jeans leaving us in our boxers and dive into the sea.