Stay Away From Him

Hannah's POV

"I can't believe you just did that!!" I shout at Niall when we're alone.

"I was doing it to protect you!" He screams back.

"How was that protecting me?" I demand. "By locking me away from my friend? By tearing me apart with your intentions to keep me away from him?"

"You don't understand!" He snaps. "He's the one who's gonna tear you apart!"

"How?"

"Have you seen the way he treated his other girlfriends?" He snarls. "He treated them like paper cups! First he sleeps with one at night, and then the next day he leaves them in shame!"

"Just because he treated his exes like a paper cup, doesn't mean he'll plan on doing the same with me," I shoot back.

His gaze softens, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

I took a deep breath. "I'm fine. I'm going to be fine."

"Are you sure? Because I don't really think so." His expression hardens once more.

Noticing me trying to ignore him, he yanks me by the side to get my attention. "Hannah! I forbid you to see him, or even go near him."

"Oh stop it, Ni. You tell funny jokes," I scoff.

He yanks me again. This time, harder and more aggressively.

"Hannah, you have to listen to me! Zayn's gonna hurt you, I know it!"

"Niall, he loves me!" I cry. "Can't you for once except that?"

"You really don't know what love truly is, do you?"

"Oh, don't I? Love is when you are there for someone when needed most, and Zayn always has been."

I saw his fists clench up and the muscles on his neck working.

"How can he when I know he's going to cross the line?"

I remain silent. I can hear Niall's chest rise and fall to the sound of his beating heart.

"That's what I thought."

Finally, I say, "what do you expect and want me to do then?"

"I want you to stay away from him," he says firmly.

"What? Stay away from my closest friend that I've made?!"

"I thought I was your closest friend! He'll, I'm your brother!"

"It's just that I live with you. But with Zayn, I won't get to be with him forever," I point out.

"And that's the way I want it to stay," he keeps on his frown. "Look, Hannah I'm just warning you that he's up to no good. Please just hold onto it!"

"Niall, we're not children anymore. We're 17. I want to live my own life, to choose my own paths," I beg.

"Hannah, I'm doing you a big favor!" Niall barks once again. "I'm just trying to keep you from feeling pain."

"Well, you're adding to it," I snaps, stomping toward the door.

"You're so foolish!" He cries after me. "How can you not tell when he's only using you?"

"He's not," I quickly burst out.

How do you possibly know that?"

"I-I-I can feel it," I stutter. "I can feel that he cares for me."

"Stop being so babyish!" Niall rebukes. "He's using your care against you so you won't suspect him at all!"

"And what proof do you have if that?" I cry angrily.

"Every time when he's about to accomplish with the next girl he's dating, he always makes that look. And I've seen it on his face since you boarded with us."

"How did you?"

"When you're always near him," he replies.

Not believing him, I continued stalking to the doorway.

"Hannah," he cuts in, stopping me in my tracks. "You're gonna regret this. I just know it."

Trying to drain out his voice from my ears, I slam the door as hard as I could, knowing that I won't be spoken to for a long time.

A/N

Hey guys, sorry if this chapter seems a little short😫Just couldn't figure out how to lengthen it more. But I promise you, the next chapter's gonna be longer.