Infinity

Hannah's POV

After we all finish with Liam's toast, we all began to head to our rooms to end the night.

Closing the curtains so that the light of the moon wouldn't shine on me, I shut the bedroom door and pull the covers over me.

👫👫👫

It's been three hours and I still can't fall sleep! Flinging back the blanket, I tie my hair into a messy bun from a nearby hair tie, step out from my room and into the parlor to watch the stars from an open window.

"Can't sleep well?" A voice inquires. Turning, I slowly face the owner of the voice.

"It's alright. It's just me," Zayn steps forward.

"I had a feeling it was you."

"Oh yeah?" He smirks. "And how did that feel like?"

"Lava." I see his eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Lava?"

"You know, like the room grows hot--"

"I think you should say warm in this case," he interrupts.

"Alright fair enough," I agree with him. "So the room grows warm whenever you walk in and time just seems to freeze."

He punches my shoulder playfully. "Shakespearean," he mutters.

I laugh. As soon as it dies down, I feel the cool wind push against my face, giving me goosebumps. I shiver slightly.

"You cold?"

"Just a little."

"Come here," he offers, opening his arms out wide for me to cuddle into.

As soon as I do, his warmth almost immediately heats up my frozen body.

"You feel better?"

I sigh in relaxation, "perfect."

We both stare out of the window, "Hannah, do you see any constellations so far?"

"What? You wanna play Find the Constellations?"

"Well so far right now in my teens I think that game sounds fun, and you are welcome to join me sometime."

I shove him aside playfully. "In your dreams, douchebag."

"You're so mean!" He whines, shooting me a pout.

"If I'm so mean, then you're so annoying!"

"Then you're so sassy!"

"How dare you!" I hold the back of my hand to my forehead dramatically. "Then you're so rude, especially to an innocent 17 year-old!"

"Ugh, ok. I admit it, you win."

"You just made my night by surrendering, and that's very appreciative," I point straight at his face with my finger while winking.

"But you also have to confess," he goes on. "That you're not so innocent like you say you are."

"Yes I am."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"No you're not."

"YES I am!"

"NO you're not!"

I squint my eyes shut to keep me from shouting out loud.

"Nothing ever gets past you, does it?"

"Nothing at all," he smile proudly.

Surprising myself, I slowly lean forward, tilting my face up to meet his. I can feel his hand cup my cheek while the other supports the back of my head. I wrap my arms around his neck as he presses his lips against mine. I pull him closer to me as he pushes me against a wall, flattening my back onto the smooth metal. I feel his arms come around me as I snake my hands through his soft dark hair. I smile against his lips as we gently pull away, resting our foreheads on top of one another.

I suddenly hear him laughing as I watched the sides of his hazel brown eyes start to crinkle.

"What are you laughing about?" I gape.

"I don't know."

"Are you sure? Be honest."

"Ok, I admit," he backs away a bit to give me space. "I'm happy, I guess."

"That felt ... Nice."

"Well, didn't it?"

I stare at him for a little while, before realizing what he means and I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Here we go again."

He chuckles, "always having you there, eh?"

"Always."

He smiles, before noticing a clock hanging on a nearby wall behind me.

"Oh, crap!" He groans. "It's 2:00 in the morning!"

"What?!"

"We were out here for about--" he pauses as he stole a glance at his watch. "Almost an hour, thankfully."

"But I thought--"

"No sorry. It was just that we both got out of bed at around 1:15 so I suppose we've been out here for at least 45 minutes."

"Huh," I raises an eyebrow, impressed. "Since when are you good at math?"

"Since Liam insisted on tutoring me on addition, factors and decimals," Zayn replies while holding out a finger for each group.

"But how have you manages to take the time for math tutoring?" I urge on.

"How about we discuss this tomorrow?" He suggests as he shoos me to my room.

"As you wish," I answer, shutting the door.