Stage Issues

Zayn's POV

"Please please PLEASE! Can you tell us your darkest secret?!!" Louis begs as we enter the large studio with the bright blue seats circling the stage along with an attached platform to walk onto.

"Only Hannah and me know it, and I want to keep it that way!" I grab the remote from the coffee table and switch on the TV. As a pod of dolphins appear onto the screen, Liam guesses, "that's Animal Planet, isn't it?"

"You're so freaking right," I admit as the narrator recalls, "when this pod of dolphins see a school of fish in view, they all collaborate together to pack the school of fish into a swirling ball so one dolphin can dive in and grab one while the rest keep watch."

"Hmm, interesting," Liam murmurs as he quickly pulls out his enchanted forest notebook and pencil, jotting down a few notes onto a clean page before continuing to listen.

I take Hannah by the hand, "C'mon, let's leave while we still can, and so that Liam can study with more concentration." But just as we start going through the doorway, Niall quickly blocks our way.

"I don't think so," he sneers.

"Hey Hannah! Zayn!" Harry calls out from out of nowhere. "Harry, where the hell are you?"

"Right here!" Harry's head pops out from underneath a trapdoor like a jack-box. "I found this secret passageway last year. But you're free to use it for your alone time with Hannah."

"What? No!" I protest. "We're not exactly official. Wait, are we?" I turn to Hannah. She shakes her head, "at least not yet."

👫👫👫

"C'mon, 'Minestar!' You can beat him! Just a little farther," I urge my avatar in round 4 of Treasure Hunters.

"There's no way your wimpy character is going to beat 'Louis-is-awesome' here!"

"Or will he?" Hannah smirks as she mimics a small dramatic music entrance.

But just as Louis turns back to face the screen again, my avatar already finds the missing Ruby of Knowledge.

"Yes!" I cheer, pumping a fist into the air.

"That's not fair! You cheated!" Louis crosses his arms in front of his chest sulkily.

"Ok first of all," I start. "Is that I've played all the basic rules throughout the whole game. And secondly, how did I cheat in your opinion?"

"Well Hannah distracted me when I was just three feet away from the ruby. Three!" He held up three fingers to prove his point.

"Your so dramatic, Louis!" Hannah rolls her eyes in annoyance. "That's not the only chance to win Treasure Hunters, you know!"

His jaw snaps shut. That's exactly what he's going to say, Hannah at least I think suspects.

"I'm telling Hannah!" He pouts.

"But she's the one who just said that five seconds ago!"

"Well ... Then ... I, er ..." Louis doesn't know what to say to that. He glances between me and Hannah.

"I'll get back at you!" Louis promises, then he runs off.

"Coward," Hannah mutters, shaking her head in disbelief. I laugh.

"That showed one of the dumb-brains," I beam as I watch Harry accidentally fall into one of the chairs in the studio.

"Have they always been this dumb?" She asked me, watching the two of them chase each other on the stage until Louis trips and falls against Harry, causing them to collapse like dominoes.

"Trust me," I answer back to her. "Since the day we became a band."

👫👫👫

"Louis! I'm sure it's not allowed for you to steal a buggy. And besides, your concert is in six minutes pronto!"

Louis sticks his tongue out at Hannah, laughing as he drives around the stage with Harry at the back eating a taco.

"We're just having a bit of fun," Harry explains with a mouthful of food. "Quit being a party pooper, Hannah. We've got plenty of time before the show!"

"Then how is six minutes before the Directioners come swarming through is plenty of time?" I glance at my watch, which now shown the time 10:27PM.

"Make that minutes left!" I call out to them. "Get off the buggy, guys!"

"We're trying to!" Louis screeches back. "The buggy's going too fast!"

I roll my eyes before racing to catch up to the rouge buggy. "Hang in there, you two!"

👫👫👫

"Woah! I suppose you've never been on a hell of a stage this big!" Hannah gapes as she peeks out from behind the curtain at the rows of fangirls. As soon as they see her they begin screaming with excitement and trying to push their way over the safety bars to get to her.

Immediately Hannah pops back into the studio. Well, I guess that's what happens to a twin of someone famous!

"Wow! Didn't know that the Directioners can be that aggressive."

"Trust me, it gets worse," Liam advises, before easing out if the studio to reveal himself. The Directioners scream louder as he waves back, flirting to a group of girls before heading back inside.

"So every time when we reveal ourselves, they just start screaming like crazy, like we're their whole life force." I explain as the screaming outside quiets down.

"Glad I'm not going on that stage," Hannah mutters to me.