05. Mommy? It's me, Violet

Hey guys! Just as a heads up, this review is done by me, the admin, Catacat73
Follow me and the creator, Marshemmallow, to show your support, and don't forget to message or leave a comment down below if you want your book to be featured next! Thank you!

Title: Mommy? It's me, Violet

Author: lockandkeyx

Genre: Teen-Fiction (although it's more of a short story haha)

Status: Ongoing

Description:

"Mommy, it's me. Violet.
Can you hear me?
I'm sorry.
I'm so sorry for everything mommy.
For everything.
Please wake up.
I need you."

A book full of letters written by Violet for her comatose mother.

Mother and child. A bond that can never be broken. Love and appreciate your parents. While you still can.

Review:
This book is one of the few letter type books in wattpad. What I mean by this is that each chapter will contain someone writing in first person, to someone else- so it's exactly like a letter, but I think it's fiction (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've read many of these books at my time on wattpad, and never have I seen a beginning writer on here capture so many emotions at once, in one or two paragraphs.

Although this books has obviously got a long way to go,(it's only on chapter 5 and there's always room for improvement) the first 5 chapters have portrayed all the characters magnificently. The way each letter is simple shows us how the main character is struggling to find the words to confront her mother, and how the other characters are feeling at the time.

And also, I am in love with the concept. Everyone's writing about love and romance, while this book is about paternal love. All in all, I can feel something deep being conveyed in this work, and if you keep going, I am 100% you'll go far.

Constructive Criticism

~I'd just like to mention again that because this book is to support beginning writers, I've included this segment to try and give them a boost. I will never use harsh words or anything, I just want to say what you could do to maybe make your book better, so please don't take offence. After all, there's always room for improvement;)

I feel like at times the switch of emotions of the main character is a bit confusing. Maybe try to have some build up before she bursts into anger, and such.

Also, as your character is writing letters to her mother, I feel like she wouldn't be swearing? I mean, I get that you're trying to show that she's not had the greatest relationship with her mom, thus all the rough language. But you mentioned earlier that she and her mother haven't really talked a lot, so in that case she wouldn't really talk to her like a friend, and maybe be more cautious/awkward.

By no means does this mean your book is bad. Keep up the great work, it's amazing!:D

Founder: Marshemmallow
Admin: Catacat73