22. A Room For My Pretend Love

Hey everyone, it's the admin here and I can't be sorry enough to how inactive we are. I have some family conditions going on and I had finals and school is still going for me unfortunately, I'm extremely sorry. I can't keep up with the amount of people asking for reviews so I might recommend the owner to recruit another admin. Stay tuned for that;)

Author: MeiSummer

Title: for My Pretend Love
Genres: Romance
Status: Ongoing (20 chapters)
Description:
"Can I stay with you tonight?"

When Suki asked Devin, a complete stranger who rescued her from a creep at a club, that question, she was desperate and had nowhere to go.

She only wanted a place to stay for one night to think about what to do next. She never expected him to offer her a room where she can stay until she sorted out her life. The catch?
She had to pretend to be his girlfriend to ward off his loving yet pushy mother.

How can a woman who has previously suffered the consequences of love pretend to be someone's girlfriend? What happens when "just pretending" suddenly becomes real?"

Review:

Firstly I'd like to start by saying how I was just scrolling through the comments and someone sent a hate comment like
"How dare you steal Chasing Red, I can't stand you!"

This angered me on a multitude of different levels, especially since I've read Chasing Red and just having one initial chapter a bit similar to it does not make it stealing. I agree at first it seems a bit similar, but that doesn't make it a carbon copy??? Smh y'all get your facts right before hating on an author with so much potential.

Getting into the actual review, I haven't read a whole lot but my initial response is postitive. Firstly, I like the use of flashbacks. Like they're not randomly thrown in willy nilly, they actually correspond with the story. I also immediately took a liking the protagonists; I can't stand books where I don't like the protagonists eugh.

I can see myself reading more into this and getting hooked, this book is great for someone who likes a deep, interesting romance book but be warned it has some harsh themes! However, these elements are incorporated very well and don't stray from the romance aspect in anyway!

Constructive Criticism:

Sometimes I think the narration moves on a bit too fast. This might just be the author trying to give an insight to the stress of the MC, but as a casual reader who doesn't want to look into much depth, this can be distracting.

Well that's it! (Hopefully) see you guys next week! Please hit favourite and recommend a book in introductions!!:))