12. Don't fall for Brett

N/A
Sorry for the wait guys! Me and the marshemmalow have been pretty busy the past 2 months with life stuff. From now on, I'll try to update every week, if you feel like things are slowing down again feel free to give me a reminder!

Recommended by Catacat73

Author: MollyMolloy

Title: Don't fall for Brett

Ongoing

Description:

Kylie Walker.
  The girl with the slender figure and perky boobs. She lived life under two rules.
  1. Don't date
  2. Don't fall in love. Little did she know she was going to break a few...

  Brett Matthews.
  The shy guy with the jerk attitude. Unlike Kylie, he lives life under one rule:

  Go With the flow...

  What happens when these two strangers cross paths?

  What happened when Kylie starts breaking her rules?

  What happens when the jealous girlfriend finds out?

Review:

Woah this book is honestly weird but in a really good way.

Don't fall for Brett is like a cliché, but at the same time isn't a cliché...

To explain, you've got your average bad boy, average highschool, average bff, and average antagonists, but the author manages to tweak all these aspects slightly so it stays engaging and fresh.

I have seen so many generic clichés that have made me close them right then and there, but when writers put a little bit of themselves into their writing and actually try to make it more original, it puts a smile on my face.

(And I seriously like the protagonist. She's not your everyday good girl in a story where good girl meets bad boy, she's just a normal girl with a personality of her own. I like MCs like this because you can really see the character development as the story goes on.

If you've read any of my previous reviews, you'll know that my slogan is basically 'everyone likes a good cliché once in a while'. But refreshing spins on your everyday books really makes me feel like I'm taking a breath of air. As our own community, go give this book a try! You never know if it might be to your liking;)

Constructive Criticism:

As I read up to your author's update, you mentioned you were just 'going with the flow' and writing what was coming to your mind. STOP!! I HIGHLY ALERT YOU FROM NOT DOING THAT.

Up until recently, I always used to do that. I had a good plot, but when writing the book I had a heard time filling in the journey from the beginning to the end. This resulted in lots of boring fillers. Even if you can't be bothered, try to keep a vague idea of what's going to happen in your mind (especially since your switching POVs. You might reveal too much from the other side if you don't have a plan.)