day 4

Woke up in the early morning. She was lying next to me, sleeping. I tried to get up but I couldn't. My head actually exploded, leaving the big hole inside. I went to the kitchen to find some water. Took two pills of Advil and made two cups of coffee. When I entered the bedroom she was still sleeping.
"Here's some coffee, babe "
She opened her eyes and smiled "thank you my prince charming. How are you feeling?"
"Broken. My body hurts. My head aches. I want a drink so badly, believe me."
"I do believe you" she sat down. "Come over here." I sat next to her with the cup of coffee in my hands." Thanks for everything you did yesterday. I'm so ashamed you found me like this. Forgive me please I let you down".
"Don't be. I'm not angry.did you eat something? "
"No not yet. I'm not hungry."
"I thought we agreed you need food? I'll make you a toast ok? With ham and cheese. Nothing special."
She came back with the toasts and a pill. "Take this, you'll feel better. Please"
I took it. "I have to go to work
Promise me.."
"I won't drink? I won't, I'm working, right? I won't, I promise. "
"Ok. I'll call you in the evening. "
All day long I tried VERY HARD not to think about drinking. I had lot to do, so It was kinda easy. I even ate a burger.
Coming back home in the evening I had a call
"How are you Lee? "
"You're asking if I'm sober? Yes I am. And furious. I badly want a drink. Took a lot of work home to stay busy all evening."
"Can I come by?"
"Sure. If you won't be offended by my bad mood and swearing- why not."
She hang up, and arrived in 5 minutes.
"Were you waiting at my doorstep while calling? "
"Yep, kind of "she smiled. "I brought some chinese. Want some?"
"Sure. But let me pay for the food as I can't provide wine to it.."
"Ok. 7.50." She laughed
We started watching a series, I don't remember what it was, but was quite funny. I got asleep on the sofa I guess.
When I opened my eyes she was covering me with a blanket.
"Hey...I'm sorry. What an awful host I am... "
"You were tired... And I have to get going"
"You're not staying?"
"No. I have a date tonight" she smiled lightly.
"Oh" I murmured "have fun then"
"Stop that. I have my private life and you knew it"
"Yeah.. I know. I just.." Immediately stopped talking
"I'm sorry. I hope that evening will be easier for you. See you in the morning. Take a pill."
"Does he know that you slept with me, in my bed, two days in a row?" I asked bluntly
She looked hurt " well seems to he will soon..."
"I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you that"
"Maybe you should think before you let your mouth speak next time... " She turned around and left.
I was standing alone in the hall thinking of what kind of asshole must be a man who can't thank for a favour but bites instead...
However I couldn't imagine her with that dick, Thomas, eating dinner and drinking wine, he'll walk her home, and then...
'Oh come on... -I thought- a girl like that wouldn't want you. The sooner you'll get over it, the better for you' I said to myself.
Went straight to bed and fell asleep quickly.