13. Daniel's Dark Past - I

"Joey......Don't. I did not do anything. I promise....... Don't come near me...." Daniel shouted twisting his body.

Pietro who was sleeping on the couch beside him woke up with a startle. "Just listen to me. Just once. Hear what I say..... Joey.....I....I love you.....only you."

Pietro was taken aback for a moment. He thought that entire boyfriend tagging was a setup, a marketing gig to increase viewers. Did this boy take it seriously? Is that why they let him go scheming a breakup?

Pietro called James in his mobile and tried to catch hold for Daniel's convulsing body. He heard a knock and ran to open the door.

"James, Daniel ....." he stopped half way looking at the person standing in the door. He looked exactly like Daniel, a few years older.

"What happened to him? I am his brother Dr. Christopher Preda. Can I see him?" he asked. Pietro saw James coming towards them.

"Please come in. This is Dr. James Wilson. James, he is Daniel's brother."

They heard a thud inside and rushed to see Daniel. He had fallen off his bed. Pietro shook him lightly and he opened his eyes confused where he was.

"Chris?"

"Relax Daniel. It is ok. You were dreaming."

"His body was convulsing. It looked like he had seizures," Pietro said.

"We will check," the doctors set to work and Pietro tried to move out of the room. Daniel grabbed his hand and looked at him with a puppy dog face. "Man he is needy," Pietro thought deciding, to stay beside him.

Daniel and Dr. Christopher Preda were sitting by the poolside. An awkward silence prevailed between them.

"You shouldn't sit here long. It is getting chilly," Dr. Preda said after some time.

"For God sake Chris, do not act," Daniel burst out.

"You think I am acting you fool? You still think I don't care? Why the hell did I come here then?"

"I don't know. I don't know anything anymore. You could have called me. At least once in all these years."

Dr. Preda's face softened. He took his brother's hand within his. "She was pregnant Daniel. I could not talk against them. I had to choose between you and my child."

"You did good. Great actually. I don't blame you, Chris. I don't blame anybody other than my fate. What you did was correct. You chose your family."

"You are my family too."

"I am glad you remember that after all these years."

"I cannot change the past. But, I really like to make up to you."

Daniel smiled blankly, "Chris, where did you say you were going, when you started from LA?"

"I said I am going to help my friend in a complicated case."

Daniel shrugged his shoulders. "You can't even tell your wife and her family you are going to meet your sick brother, still."

Daniel stood up ready to walk in, "I really appreciate you taking an effort to connect with me. You made me see Lucas at last. I will be indebted to you forever. I got answers for questions that were bugging me all these years. Do not worry about me. I am in good hands. Mr. Boselli is a very kind person."

"I saw how you grabbed his hand. He stayed beside you talking to you, comforting you, making jokes and teasing you. I was so surprised you two got so close in just two days."

"I know. It is like God opens a window when a door closes. I don't know what I will do without him."

"I have to start shortly. James is conducting the tests. He will let you know if you had got the infection from Lucas in a couple of days."

Daniel did not reply.

"There is nothing to worry. You are young and strong. The infection can be contained if it is spotted early."

Daniel remembered the disfigured body and face of Lucas. Was he going to become like that?

Next Chapter..... Daniel's past reveals further. Pietro is beyond impressed. 

To all Janiel fans, 

Leave your comments. Vote to show your support. I love to hear from you.