16. Daniel's Dark Past - II

"That meeting is not really that important. Nelly was your fan. She couldn't wait to see you." Pietro said.

"But, I am fine. Perfectly all right. I don't want to spoil your plans. I can just get introduced to your team today. I am feeling lonely too. I am longing to see your friends," Daniel said sternly.

"In that case just come and meet my boss alone today. You can meet the others on Thursday."

Daniel agreed. "At least something to do on a Monday," Daniel thought. He let out a gasp when Pietro opened his garage and bought out his brand new sports car.

"Wow! That's the costliest car I have ever seen. What car is this?"

"Lamborghini Veneno"

"That's the second costliest car in the world

"That's the second costliest car in the world. Pietro, you are way richer than I imagined. I am going to expect a ransom for my salary or commission," Daniel said.

"You have to discuss your salary terms with my boss. He is the one who gave me this car, this house everything. He will be the one paying you. I just do the modeling assignments he gives me."

"I have already fallen in love with your boss. How does he look?" Daniel nudged him.

"Like an emperor. You say I am good looking. You should see him. There is really no match for him. And he makes a hell lot of money than I can actually imagine. Everybody says he is the smartest in business," Pietro said.

Pietro and Daniel entered the Soul agency office together. There were familiar waves and smiles all around. Pietro talked with the receptionist and led Daniel directly to the CEO's block.

"Mr. Nick Bateman, the name rings a bell, Pietro. Wait. Is he..." Daniel tried to ask.

Pietro had already opened the door and entered Mr. Bateman's office. Daniel followed too. It was a magnificent office with a separate section for his secretary.

Daniel looked at Mr. Bateman and he felt a sharp stab-like pain, in his heart. Nick too was quite surprised to see him there.

"Daniel," Mr. Bateman called in his intimidating bass voice, stood up and walked to him. Pietro was surprised they two knew each other. He was genuinely surprised Nick actually stood up and came forward to greet Daniel.

Pietro expected them to shake hands while Nick simply hugged Daniel and released him. Daniel looked all the more skinny before Nick's enormous shoulders.

"I am so sorry. I heard about Lucas's demise on Friday from his attorney. My heartfelt condolences," he talked still keeping a hand on Daniels back.

"I... Um....Ok," Daniel wondered what to say......his body began to shiver. Pietro noticed his face getting redder. Daniel was fighting to control his tears.

"If there is anything, any help you want, you can always ask me," Nick said patting Daniel's shoulders. Daniel broke down at his touch. He started to sob uncontrollably.