72. Joey Kisses Pietro

That weekend....

Pietro finished his work in New York. "What a week?" he sighed. Photo shoots for all the new modeling contracts that he signed before his championship were finished in the week. It will usually take even months to finish one contract. But, everyone worked so proficiently on the sets and outdoors making him finish all the four contracts within a week. 

P took his mobile and called Nick. "You are paid hourly now. This is how the top stars work. Your time is gold," he said. P chuckled happily switching to video call. 

"Where are you?" he asked confused. Nick was wearing a huge jacket and in front of a snow clad background. 

"Surprise. I took Daniel to Canada, Toronto," Nick said. 

"Why are you making him tour the continent? Is he even strong enough to walk on his own legs?" P asked. 

"Daniel got a  seizure again after coming here. But, everything is under control. His brother Chris is with us," Nick said. 

"Oh God! What are you all doing in Canada?" P asked a bit perplexed. 

"Lucas used to bring Daniel here every year for his parents memorial. Daniel did not come here for the past three years. So, I thought he would feel better if he comes here once," Nick said. 

"Nick....what's the real reason you took him there?" P demanded.

"Daniel's family home is in his name. His brother Anton bought the house in Daniel's name," Nick said. 

"He should have really loved Danny so much to do that. He had wife and kids. Didn't he?" P asked. 

"He did. A wife and two kids. Bertha's diner is a huge hotel now. Anton did it because Dan was the one doing all the work from cooking and cleaning to taking care of the kids and his grandparents. His father was a drug addict. His mother worked two shifts to make the ends meet. Chris was in college. Bertha too had too many family obligations to stop earning," Nick said. 

"Hmmm...I complained I had to do modelling while in college. Daniel studied amidst all this," P sighed. 

"He did. And he worked in Bertha's Diner too. Sometimes I think he enjoyed it more than anything. He loves taking care of people. Keeping home. Taking care of kids, elders. Perfect marriage material," Nick laughed. 

"You cunning fox. I know why took him there," P shouted. 

"What do you know?" Nick asked 

"You beat people when they are most vulnerable," P said. "You know he will be emotionally unstable thinking about the old days. You will coerce him saying Dan, P is entrusting such a huge project to you. Joey doesn't need you. But, P put all his trust in you. You can't do it with this health condition. This is world changing. You escaped death only for this. Agree to the Lobotomy. Your parents will be proud of you.... blah, blah, blah," P said.