24. Daniel and Joey's Family

Joey called his stepfather back in LA after Petar had left. He was very surprised at his loving tone. It was like the old days where he will bring Joey presents and Chinese food.

"I saw Jett today in Randolph. I was so amazed. He's grown into a really big boy," Joey said. He wondered how hard Bob should have worked to pay the tuition and get admission.

"I don't have enough words to thank you, Joey. You transformed his life," Bob said.

"What did I do? You chose the best school for him," Joey said confused.

"I did. They pushed me out thrice without giving admission. Your assistant, that boy is matchless. I told him once and we got the admission the very next week."

"My assistant? Daniel..."

"Yes, Daniel. Jett was perplexed to leave home first. He convinced him somehow. He made the kids in the school look at him like a hero because Jett is your brother."

Daniel gave a donation to the school, prevented it from closing and got an admission for Jett in return. Joey's head was reeling.

 Joey's head was reeling

"Ummm. I will call you later. Got to go," Joey said.

"I thought you were a bad influence for Jett. But, you were the one who cared most for him of all the people. I am sorry, son. I am so sorry," Bob's voice trembled.

"Bob, I did not do anything, really. You are my father. Please... don't," Joey felt his voice breaking down too.

"When are you coming to visit us? Daniel said you are booked completely for the next two years," Bob asked.

"He did?" Joey did not know what to say.

"Your mother will be so happy to see you. She is clean for the past two years ...... the longest since I have ever known her. "

"Really?" Joey asked unbelievingly.

"Yes. Money can really do wonders. The treatment you arranged for her worked so well. Daniel said it was the best rehab all celebrities go. All the money you paid works. She goes to the hair salon regularly. She was very reluctant to open the second branch. Daniel said you would be very disappointed if she doesn't. She works from dawn to dusk and loves every moment of it."

"Hair salon?" Joey asked unbelievingly, "does she manage it? On her own? It is not possible," he thought. 

"Yes. She still can't believe you came forward to invest such a huge amount on her. She will be nagging you for money always, to drink. But, once you gave such a huge amount to her, she was like, my son's hard earned money. I won't waste a penny. We are one happy family together, after a long time. I owe it to you boy. I owe you a lot."

Joey cut the call after a few minutes assuring Bob he will call his mother soon.

Joey grabbed the waste basket and took out the cover of the restaurant that was supplying him food

Joey grabbed the waste basket and took out the cover of the restaurant that was supplying him food. He noted and the address on the cover and headed straight to it. It was dinner time and the restaurant was filled to the brim. Joey waited in the lobby which had posters of the favorable reviews about the restaurant published in various magazines. There were advertisements about three more branches of Nickeys restaurant. It was a chain of restaurants.

Kaden, the restaurant owner came rushing to greet him. "Mr. Graceffa what a surprise. Welcome. Welcome. Come in." Kaden led Joey to his cabin.

"Mr. Graceffa?!" Joey remembered Kaden yelling to his sister Nicole at the top of his voice, "are you going to come live with your father and be near me or stick to these retarded bastards. Decide now." Those retarded bastards were Joey and Jett. He remembered pleading with Nicole.

"Don't go, please. Don't leave me alone with mother. How will I take care of Jett? Who will cook? What do I know?" Joey was just fifteen then.

"You will be fine Joey. I have to go. Kaden is my life," Nicole left abruptly without even turning back.

He remembered Bob's words "money can really do wonders." Nicole came out in full chefs' uniform. She looked as stunning as ever. Joey could not control himself. He was seeing her after so many years. He ran to her and hugged her.

"Joey, it is a wonder. Your assistant said you were so busy. There were security reasons preventing you from coming. He said you will come to order our services for your marriage in person. Are you getting married?"

"I.... who did Daniel... my assistant say I was going to marry?"

"Miranda sings."    

Next Chapter..... Joey gets terribly angry on Daniel. 

To all Janiel fans, 

Keep reading to see whether Joey will forgive Daniel. Please comment. Your suggestions mean a lot. Vote to show your support.