68. Cry Baby

Pay my fees

Hell broke loose when he saw the fees for his singing classes. Daniel never gave him the details for a long time. Joey saw the fees structure only one and a half years after he started training. Joey went to meet the trainers in person one afternoon. There was a new receptionist, and she gave the fees receipt to Joey before Daniel could collect it. Joey and Daniel had started living together by then.

"This is fucking idiotic. Our total one year expense is paid as fees. This is not some college degree. How the hell did you think I will agree to it?" he shouted at Daniel.

"Joey, listen. Your teachers are the best in the industry. Their time is costly."

"I knew it. Training me alone and with such care, every minute was money isn't it? All my hard earned money," Joey was brimming with anger.

"Joey it is valuable. Your voice is improving...." Daniel tried to reason.

"That's enough Daniel. I put up with this for one and a half years. I am not taking one more class. Sign me out now," Joey said very clearly.

His mind was reeling. "I cut him a little slack and he does as he wishes. I should have guessed it in the water bottle trap. Trashy pig," Joey cursed within himself. He was determined not to yield to anything Daniel says.

He saw Daniel standing in the balcony of his office for a long time.

"He is scheming something new," Joey's mind warned. "Daniel, come inside. It is getting cold," he called.

Daniel walked to him stamping the floor with a thud like a literal child, "you are finishing the class. You have completed more than half of it. It is hardly another year," he said.

"Oh yeah! What will you do if I don't? You can't force a person to sing of all the things," Joey teased him.

"I will, I will cry," Daniel said adamantly. Joey burst out laughing, "You will what?"

"I will cry till you agree. I will cry every week, every day if it means making you sing," Daniel said seriously. His lips were already twitching with emotions.

Joey rolled in laughter, "seriously? This is what you learned in Harvard? Daddy I will cry if you don't buy me a candy," Joey mocked him in his same tone, "are you five still?"

"I will. You should go," Daniel started to cry actually. Joey pulled him to a hug and sat on his office sofa.

"Ok. Ok. Ok. I give up as usual. You win ok. Look at me. Look up pig. Anything for you my sweet little Danny boy," Joey ended up cuddling him that day.

He kept teasing Daniel the next day, "Danny will you cry if I drink ice water? Mummy I will cry if you don't finish your salad," he enjoyed mocking Daniel to his wits end that day.

"Will you stop it? I know you like the classes. You even wake up early nowadays to practice. The basic fee was actually low. I only paid extra for online private classes."

"But why?"

"You are already busy. I thought you won't like travelling or practicing with others often." He was right. Daniel knew Joey more than him.

Joey saw a package left by the bed when he woke up the next morning. It was a beautiful pair of teal slippers adorned with several pearl flowers. A note adjoining it said "thank you for taking this step. It means a lot to me. I love you," in Daniels beautiful handwriting.

 I love you," in Daniels beautiful handwriting