46. Daniel Meets Kiera

"You scheming Idiot. I know you were up to something. That charming face hides a foxy brain inside. Where should we meet?" Mr. Woods asked controlling his anger. He was on a video call with Pietro.

"First, don't let your imagination go wild. I only did this to defend myself. There is nothing between Daniel and me except friendship," Pietro said. "Yet," he thought within himself.

"Second, I want to make them meet again," Pietro said.

"He is too clever. He knows I can talk to Daniel any minute and show this footage. He is acting to avoid it," Mr. Woods thought.

Pietro's continued, "Daniel was absolutely fine for a week after meeting Joey. His health started to deteriorate drastically after that. He is fine for the past three days after meeting Joey again."

"But, they did not even talk," Mr. Woods said.

"I know. Even that makes him better. Daniel becomes strong whenever he sees Joey. Like a solar cell absorbing energy from sun. His therapist says it is some sort of subconscious belief."

Mr. Woods paused for a long moment. Pietro showed him two tickets for the 2017 WBFF European body building competition and asked Mr. Woods to bring Joey there.

"He won't come with me. With Daniel gone, there is so much to do. Joey is working straight 22 hours every day. He barely sleeps," Mr. Woods said. Pietro remembered Nick.

"Do something. This is a VIP ticket for the special lounge with full security. They can't hit each other again. Only a handful for people will be there. It will be perfect for them to meet and talk," Pietro insisted.

"The securities can only prevent them from beating each other. What if they keep quiet and refuse to talk to each other like Mexico?" Mr. Woods asked.

"Well third time is a charm. We have to try. I don't want to risk Daniel's health. He fell down on the burning stove," Pietro said quite concerned. Mr. Wood's looked at Pietro with renewed respect. We would have lost our Daniel if it wasn't for him.

"How will I meet you?" he asked.

"Meet me after the competition by the VIP lounge," Pietro said.

"That's not possible. The press will be all around you after winning."

"I am only participating. There is no guarantee I will win," Pietro said.

"Oh come on. Who are you kidding? You already look like a Spanish bull from here. You can walk to the judges and collect the trophy directly."

"I am flattered," Pietro said sarcastically. He could just mail the footage to Mr. Woods. But, he still wanted Daniel and Joey to meet. He was so confident Joey will mess up this time too.

"You keep in touch. I will come and meet you in the venue," he said to Mr. Woods.

Daniel Meets Kiera

Pietro and Daniel were dressed neatly in identical suits. Pietro had agreed to compete in the championship as Kiera relented and they have come to the customary introduction party given by Nick, a major sponsor of the event.

The party had only a small crowd comprising the core members of Bateman investments. Nick introduced Pietro formally whom most of the members already knew well. They were quite interested in Daniel, the boy with new money. Some of them already knew Lucas and had seen Daniel with him. Pietro and Daniel were filling their plates when a majestic lady approached them.

Daniel could not help thinking her as the queen bee. She checked on the party arrangements as she strode casually, firing instructions to a number of people. Everyone showed her immense respect. She dismissed most of them with a nod and a smile or occasional few words and came to them.