35. Janiel - Dancing under the Stars

"Daniel, I was not very clever or talented like you. Everybody will tease me Josephina. I had no friends. I looked like a clown with my emo hair, glasses and pimple filled face."

"I told you before I love that look. Things would have been very different if had seen you in Boston."

"I struggled to do everything. I had a severe learning disability. I won't be able to tie my shoes properly. Button my shirt properly. That's why I wear mostly t-shirts. I get very nervous if I am instructed to do anything before a group. I will definitely mess up."

"Joey, it is ok. You are all grown up now. Those days are gone. "

"It still pops up again sometimes. Like today," Joey said, "it had happened many times before. I will manage somehow. But, everybody will think I am a fool. Weirdo."

"You are," Daniel said.

"I have no confidence. I am so scared. Of everything. My nightmares, wild imaginations haunt me. I am trash."

Daniel hugged him tightly now. "You know I was in special education until the sophomore year. And stood last there too. Even the students with autism and down syndrome did better than me. I got rejected by Emerson's college two times. I went to Fitchburg and quit within six months. I know I was not going to pass one subject after the first semester."

"Why are you talking about this now?"

"I don't know. I want to say. You know how it felt when you carried me on your shoulder? Like the whole world was under my feet. Switzerland was your childhood dream. This was mine."

"Sweetie"

"I have longed for years and years for someone to do this. All my cousins will perch on their dad's shoulder. My brother Jett will be on my stepfather. I had no one."

"Where is your father?"

"I don't know. He was a carpenter somewhere. I have heard he left when I was two. He will come to family functions once in a few years. He will never tell anyone I am his son."

"I bet he does now."

"I was elated when you said about this trip. I have never gone anywhere except for my family beach house."

"You idiot. You were in the amazing race, traveling the world."

"I went on my own. Not like this. Someone spending for me and arranging things with care. That's why I didn't say I don't know skiing or anything. I was afraid you will cancel."

"Joey leave it. There's nothing to worry. You are doing great."

"I am the messiest person on earth with the worst temper ever. I can't even keep my room clean or talk civic like you, without cussing."

"It's all right Sweetie. You are an angel."

"Danny, I love you so much. I love you so so much. You know I practically drooled and spill the water I was going to drink on my shirt when I first saw you."

"Ok." Daniel laughed rubbing his back lovingly.

"They say opposites attract. It is so correct. You are everything I can't be. I will never be."

"You don't need to be anybody. You are already amazing. Fantastic.Like you say, beautiful for the spacious skies."

"This is the best vacation ever. I will never forget it. Nobody can love you more than I do this moment. Always remember there was one mad boy drooling at you at first sight and he will break anything with bare hands for you."