39. Pietro is Trapped

Pietro and Sean were sitting before Mr. Woods in a restaurant. The man was practically fuming. He was tall, dark and extremely well built. 

"What the hell does Daniel want? He left our Joey practically bleeding.  Be warned Mr. Beautiful. Your new boyfriend will put you in the same state very soon."

"I...am not his boyfriend," Pietro said. "Why shouldn't I be? It will be wonderful. He cares so much about me. Works so hard for me," his mind kept imagining enjoying Daniel's body. 

Sean was explaining the scenario to Mr. Woods. P was thinking about the braised lamb shank and okra stew Daniel cooked that morning. Daniel was nervous and guilty. P helped him throughout assuring everything was fine. 

James had breakfast with them too. They were taking Daniel to a reputed therapist that afternoon and his brother had already arranged for a brain surgeon to check him. P felt he was thinking more about Daniel than Nick these days. 

"I can't believe a word you say," Mr. Woods protested. Sean showed the picture of Giorgio with Joey from his mobile. 

"This is the boy Joey came to meet that day. It is P's own brother," he nudged P. He showed a photo of Giorgio, Daniel and him together. 

"It was totally his idea to make them meet. I always had my doubts. We only wanted them to reconcile again. Unfortunately, things did not work out as we expected," Sean said. 

"Fortunately," P thought. Mr. Woods looked at the picture P showed closely, "what happened to Daniel? he looks desolate."

Sean started explaining about Daniel's illness and memory loss. P felt exhausted. His brain was figuring out ways to come of this mess. 

The man had strong evidence of the elevator destination pad being messed with. He had proof of Pietro purchasing the very jammar causing the mishap, his elevator entry and exit CCTV footage's and the footage showing him standing right behind Joey signalling to Sean. 

"Mr. Woods," Pietro said, "what I did was a mistake with good intention. I would really appreciate if you let it go unnoticed. If not I am ready to face the law." P did not worry much as he knew Nick will take care of it. 

P felt Sean clutching his hands, "a mistake we did together. And we won't repeat it again," Sean said looking at him. P was surprised. Sean had never missed an opportunity to put him in trouble all this years. He was supporting him now. 

"You cannot escape with just that. I don't want to go to the police. But, everything has its price Mr. Beautiful," Mr. Woods said. 

"Mr. Boselli," P corrected him. 

"Name it Mr. Woods. You will have it. But, we want the entire proof handed over to us," Sean said. 

"Wow," P thought, "Sean is coming forward to give money to save me. Is it just Daniel having memory loss or Sean too," he wondered. 

"Listen gentlemen, I will not handover the proof to you now. Not for a few more days. I want you to do whatever you did, again," Mr. Woods said. 

"I don't understand," Sean said. 

"It is the house. It is like a graveyard without him. Empty. No noise, laughter, fight. Only dead silence. Everything is rotting practically. He has to come back at least for the dogs sake."

Pietro felt speechless for a moment. What will happen when Daniel leaves? His apartment will be empty. The very thought made him extremely uncomfortable. 

"It is not that easy. Petar won't help us anymore. Joey wont even talk about him," Sean was talking to Mr. Woods. 

"I will give you his whole schedule for the next month. Figure out something. Make them meet again. My boys will arrange anything you want," Mr. Woods said.