49. Daniel's Dramatic Night

London

The IndigO hall at The O2, a Live music hall in London was filled to the brim. The auditorium was practically overflowing. Joey and Shane were led through a special entrance once they showed their tickets and seated directly in the VVIP gallery.

In contrast to the rest of the hall, this place was terribly quiet and had only a handful of seats. Only key sponsors of the events were allowed to enter there and the block had hardly 25 seats. Joey saw Daniel's back. He was sitting in the front row. Joey just knew it was Daniel. He need not see the face.

The show started with loud applause and the bodybuilders from various parts of the world started to line up on the stage. Daniel was waiting for Pietro's appearance when someone touched his shoulder.

"Shane," he said quite surprised. He looked at Joey standing in the far corner. He walked to him the next moment. He hit his knee in one of the ornate chairs in is haste. He still leapt to Joey as fast as he can.

"Joey," his lips trembled. No words came out.

"Came to have fun I see. I clearly did not expect you here," Joey said.

Joey just knew Daniel was in London. He did not know where. He was reluctant to talk to Petar or Sean after the Mexican fiasco. So he simply kept pacing the markets and other places he thought he might eye Daniel. And he did see him too, hugging Diego tight.

Joey did not know about his broken leg or that he was leaning on Daniel for support. Their gesture simply seemed like hugging to him. They were purchasing food from farmers market and Daniel was selecting each item just as he would do for Joey, with utmost care.

Joey burned in jealousy. Isn't he worried even a bit? I am the one suffering all along. What's the point in longing for a person who doesn't miss me at all? Let me at least save my self-respect.

"Are you mad?" Shane shouted when Joey said they can go back, "We travelled fourteen hours to meet him. You were ready for an open relationship. Why can't you just talk to him?"

"I don't know. It felt so weird. Danny is always with someone. I can't do this. I saw him right. It is enough. I will talk to him next time," Joey sobbed.

Shane hugged him, "it is all right Joey. You are way stronger than this. You can overcome this. Let us go to the show. There will be lots of hunky men. We can have a blast," he rubbed Joey's back lovingly.

Joey unleashed all his anger when Daniel came to him in the arena

Daniel could have told a million things to console him. But all that came out was, "Joey, Lucas died." Joey's eyes would have burned Daniel alive if it had power. Shane hit his forehead with his palm, "pathetic," he thought.

"Why are you so angry? You came to see me, didn't you?" Daniel asked pouting like a child.

"Yeah. I came to London only for you. Not for the competition or sightseeing or anything. I knew through ESP you would be here," Joey said with utmost sarcasm.