61. Lover's Tantrums

Pietro deleted the email Daniel received from Ethan hurriedly. Ethan had sent photographs of the articles taken from Joey's personal locker. It just had the gifts Daniel had given him. The first unicorn doll Daniel gave him, the eye drops bottle Daniel bought for him Switzerland, their first breakup love letter, the soothing cream bought when Joey colored his hair green and a few other gifts.

"I sent this idiot to cause trouble to Joey and he is trying to unite them. The last thing Daniel needs now is a reassurance of Joey's love for him. Aren't lockers supposed to contain jewellery, documents and other valuables?" he wondered. He also understood Daniels gifts were the most valuable possessions Joey wanted to protect.

Pietro was alerted when Daniel told him about Ethan and his calf love for him the previous night. He suspected something like this might happen. He contacted his Mensa friend and made him link Daniel's email to his account. Pietro could now see all the emails Daniel received, delete or alter them. They will reach Daniel's account only after P's approval.

Daniel came to his room. "You need to come with me to meet Siena Esposito today," he said.

"Seriously Daniel? Why are you doing this to me?" P asked highly irritated.

"I don't know what is wrong with you from yesterday. You need to meet her. She owns a company called Mindtree. Joey had invested heavily in it. She is quite interested in your PhD project," Daniel said.

"Is she interested only in that?" Pietro asked crossly. Daniel smiled.

"You know don't you? Did Nick tell you?" he asked smirking.

"He won't tell me anything. Kiera texted me," Pietro said sadly.

"Kiera? How does she know?" Daniel asked confused again.

"Why wouldn't she? Is she that brilliant? Even you put your money on her," Pietro asked clearly pissed off.

"P, what did Kiera text you? Tell me," Daniel asked. Pietro sighed. He took his mobile and showed him Kiera's message. Daniel rolled in laughter seeing the message.

"P, my dear P, Nick got you. Siena studied with me in Harvard. She is head on heels in love with Sean," he said.

"What? What are you saying? Where is Sean?" Pietro asked

"Enjoying with her. I don't know whether Kiera set up Nick to meet her or not. But, Nick definitely set up Sean and Siena. She is my good friend. Nick asked me all about her, knew she had a huge crush on Sean and dragged him to our meeting yesterday forcibly," Daniel said.

"What about Ruby? Sean's last girlfriend?" P asked.

"That is his problem. Is this why you are so angry? Nick got you the biggest deal of your life yesterday. Plus a private jet," Daniel said. P got up, lifted Daniel from the ground and twirled a few rounds.

"Hi, cool down bodybuilder. Let me down," Daniel pleaded laughing.

"I am definitely going to kill him Daniel. He is so callous. Never cares about my feelings a bit," P said pouting.

"I am sure he will make you pregnant if you pout before him like this," Daniel said admiring P's beautiful face.

"You know how he irritated me yesterday? I am calling him right now," P moved out to the poolside with his mobile.

Daniel couldn't help think of Joey. His life was exactly like this. Joey will rile Daniel almost every day.

"Daniel I want chicken for breakfast," he will ask. He was never a picky eater. But, he will be quite adamant sometimes.

"There isn't enough meat Joey. Eat the omelette and toast now," Daniel will say.

"There's something called Postmates Mr. Preda. Order chicken now," Joey will stress.

He will finish the breakfast by the time the chicken arrives. "Why did you order chicken Danny? Don't you know we are going out for lunch?"

"You wanted it for breakfast," Daniel would have finished all the preparations from mixing batter to cutting veggies for the dish by then.

"Not now. I am already filled to the brim," he will laugh.

"You scoundrel...." Daniel will chase him.

"Danny, why is the sky this blue today?"

"The air molecules scatter blue light from the sun....,"

"Oh! I thought it was because of my coolers," Joey will laugh.

"Trash, why do you always try to one up me?" Daniel will punch him.

"Daniel come on let us watch a horror movie," Joey will call. Daniel will refuse. "Is the little boy scared of ghosts? Will you get scared at night?" Joey will tease.

"Chris never let me watch such shows. I will get used to them if I watch them for some time," Daniel will say proudly. He watched The Nightmare on the Elm Street one night with Joey and got really scared.

Daniel kept turning and tossing in the bed while Joey was playing video games in his office

Daniel kept turning and tossing in the bed while Joey was playing video games in his office. Daniel peeked to see what he was doing two or three times. Joey came to their bedroom and sat beside him continuing the game on his laptop.

Daniel slept peacefully, with a hand on Joey's lap. Joey tried to switch off the lights.

"Let the lights be on. You switch it off after I sleep," he pleaded with Joey. Daniel saw the lights were on till he woke up the next morning and Joey using an eye cover. Joey had a blast teasing him about his childishness that full day.

Daniel got so fed up by evening, "I will get used to it if I see it regularly. I was scared only because it was my first time."

"Oh yeah? Really? Shall we see the second part of the movie tonight? It is even bloodier than the first one," Joey teased. Daniel agreed for the dare. He got ready to see the movie that night with quite a lot of fear.

Joey switched on the projector, came back and sat beside him. "You can hug me if you are afraid," he offered.

"Not necessary. You will record it and post it in snap chat. I will be brave," Daniel said. He was shaking inside. He hated himself for agreeing to this stupidity. The movie started to play. Authentic African music filled the room. It was Lion King. Not the second part of the horror movie.

"Joey, did you change the movie?"

"Ummm. You need not see what you don't like. You are the one bossing me around all day. I got a bit carried off when I got a chance to tease you. Sorry. Can I have my hug now?"

"Sweetie, I so love you," Daniel hugged him like a child that day. 

 Daniel missed Joey, his antics, his tantrums and above all his nearness.