3. During

Reporting Officer Narrative

Frederick County Sheriff's Office           Officer ID: 843591

Victim: HARRIS, ANNA MELODY               Offense: MISSING PERSONS                              

Date/Time Reported: Tues 10/4/2016 09:08

A 911 call was received by dispatch from H. Harris at 8:33am. I arrived at the 1540 Little Duck Row at 9:01am. H. Harris informed me that his daughter Anna Harris, had been reported absent at school this morning, around 7:00am, and they had been unable to ascertain her whereabouts since that time. H. Harris informed me that it was uncharacteristic of Anna to skip school, and they believed someone had taken her. Henry Harris informed me that Anna Harris was last seen this morning, at about 6:30am by her older brother Thomas, and that Thomas had boarded the school bus with Anna shortly thereafter. H. Harris displayed a current picture of Anna Harris.

I conducted a search of the residence and surrounding property but was unable to locate Anna Harris on the premises. I also conducted a search of the nearby Markton Park, and was unable to locate Anna Harris in the park.

While canvassing the park I called the Frederick High School, and asked them if they could speak with her brother, and any other children who rode her school bus, to attempt to determine if she had gotten off the school bus at school, and if anyone had seen her after that. The school was able to return my call several minutes later, and informed me that her brother reported seeing her get off the bus, but they have been unable to find anyone who saw Anna after that point. She informed me that they were attempting to speak with more students who might have seen Anna. I advised her that an officer would be down from the precinct to take her statement and assist with the questioning of the students at the school.

When I returned to the residence, C. Harris had emerged from the house, where she informed me she had been calling the friends of Anna Harris to determine if they were with Anna.

C. Harris then informed me that she believed a man by the name of Connor Carter had taken Anna Harris.

I advised C. Harris that she should repeat these allegations in an official police interview, but that I would make note of them in this report. I then advised that a deputy from the sheriff's office would be coming by to take an official statement from both her and her husband.

I collected a preliminary sworn written statement from both C. Harris and H. Harris.

I made contact with Operator O'Hara #4572 who entered Anna Harris into NCIC as missing at 10:30 hours.

Detective Carlton and Detective Smart also responded to 1540 Little Duck Row and assisted in the investigation. 

Signed,

Officer Daniel Brown