75. During

Report: Special Investigative Unit - Canine

Case No. 147532

Victim: Anna Harris

Date: January 21, 2017

Property Used: Scarf of Victim

Dogs Used: Cadaver and Living Victim dogs

Area Searched: 25 Square Mile Property

Result of Search: Victim's inital scent was found in multiple locations in the two square miles near the building erected on the property. Victim's trail was additionally traced by dogs to a stream running through the property. After this point, victim's trail was lost. Dogs were run up and down the stream a distance of five miles off the property, in addition to covering the rest of the property, however no trail was found. It is noted that there was not time to search the entire property before darkness set in. The search will be resumed tomorrow, at first light.

______________________________

Frederick Sheriff's Department Official Case Note Reporting Form

Date: January 21, 2017

Case No.: 147532

Note Type: Ground Team Reporting

Pennsylvania State Trooper ground team reported to the Frederick County Sheriff's department that no winter element clothes were found at the cabin in the size of Anna Harris. It is recommend Connor Carter be asked if she possessed such clothes, to determine whether she may have taken them with her upon her exit from the cabin.

___________________________

Connor Alexander Carter

Part One of Recorded Interview

Date: January 21, 2017

Duration: 185 Minutes

Location: Frederick County Sheriff's Office

No. of Pages: 25

Conducted by Officers Brown and Waters

Officer Brown: Connor, we have an important question for you.

Connor Carter: And what might that be?

Officer Brown: We would appreciate your truthful cooperation.

Connor Carter: Well I'm sure you would Officer. Whether you get it remains to be seen. What is the question? Also, I'm sure you know nothing I say at this point can be used in court against me, as I am awaiting the appearance of my lawyer.

Officer Brown: This doesn't concern your case Connor. This concerns our search for Anna Harris.

Connor Carter: I see.

Officer Brown: Did Anna Harris own winter cltothes?

Connor Carter: Yes, of course she did.

Officer Brown: What winter clothes did she have at the cabin?

Connor Carter: She had a coat, gloves, a hat, a fleece underlayer, various sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts, waterproof pants, winter boots, I can't remember what else.

Officer Brown: What was Anna Harris wearing when you last saw her?

Connor Carter: She was wearing pajamas.

Officer Brown: What did they look like?

Connor Carter: The top was light blue, with that snowman on it. The one from that kids movie.

Officer Brown: Frozen?

Connor Carter: Yeah thats the one. And the bottoms were tight, not loose. But not like leggings, they were a little loose and they went in at the bottom. And they were covered in snowflakes.

Officer Brown: Any shoes?

Connor Carter: She was wearing socks I believe. I don't remember her wearing shoes. Her hair was in two braids.

Officer Brown: And you said you saw her before you left to go get the migraine medicine? So that was sometime this morning.

Connor Carter: That is correct.

________________________________________

Reporting Form: Transcript of Telephone Conversation

Pennsylvania State Troopers Office

Telephone Tip Line

Operator: Hello, you have reached the Pennsylvania State Trooper's tip line, do you have information you would like to report?

Speaker: Uh yeah. I think I have something, I'm not sure but, it might be related to the Anna Harris case.

Operator: Okay, what would you like to tell us?

Speaker: Well, I own property nearby the property where they were.

Operator: Okay.

Speaker: And sometimes, when I can't find animals on my property, I mean, my property is much smaller than my neighbor's property - I mean the owner of the 20 square miles around the hunting cabin that they found Carter in, his name is John Maddox. My property is a lot smaller than his.

Operator: Sure.

Speaker: And so sometimes, when I'm low on luck on my property, I just...borrow some of his. I just you know, see if anything is over there. I mean, John never has time to hunt all his land so he doesn't even know.

Operator: Okay.

Speaker: Anyway, I was there yesterday, just checking out his land. I was there with my son, he's only 12. And we had the truck, it was parked up pretty close to the where the stream on John's property hits the road.

Operator: Okay.

Speaker: And when we came back, well, Jimmy's bike was gone.

Operator: His bike?

Speaker: Yeah, we had it up in the back of the truck because Jimmy had been riding it at his grandmother's house. And it was just up and gone. I mean we don't normally lock it up because around these parts people don't just take stuff like that. But Jimmy was pretty disappointed.

Operator: And how big was this bike?

Speaker: Jimmy's about 4'10" now so it was sized for him. A little small for a 15 year old girl, but not unrideable. I reported it stolen to the local police right after we found out it was gone, but it wasn't until later this afternoon when we was watching the news that I thought about it some more and I thought, hey, what if that Harris girl took it.

Operator: That is definitely possible. Thank you for reporting this sir, this could be very helpful to us in solving the case. What did you say your name was again?

Speaker: I didn't.

Click.