73. During

Connor Alexander Carter

Part One of Recorded Interview

Date: January 21, 2017

Duration: 185 Minutes

Location: Frederick County Sheriff's Office

No. of Pages: 25

Conducted by Officers Brown and Waters

Officer Waters: So? We gave you what you wanted. You talked to your precious wife. Now tell us where Anna is.

Connor Carter: I...that didn't go like I had hoped.

Officer Waters: Let me explain something to you Connor: We don't care. You asked for one thing, and we made it happen. Now tell. us. where. Anna. is.

Connor Carter: You need to calm down.

Officer Brown: What my colleague is trying to impart, Connor, is the urgency we are feeling. We would really appreciate if you would reflect later and explain now. Where is Anna?

Connor Carter: If you bring me a piece of paper, I will write down directions to where you will find her.

Officer Brown: So you know where she is?

Connor Carter: Obviously. Also. I want a lawyer.

Officer Brown: We will make the call for you. 

Connor Carter: Thank you.

[PAPERS SHUFFLING]

Connor Carter: There you go. Send out your men. And if I were you, I'd hurry. Anna gets....agitated when left alone. 

Officer Waters: What did you do to her?

Connor Carter: I suppose I did promise you a confession. Fine, here it is: I took Anna. We ran away together and I hid us in a remote hunting cabin in northwestern Pennsylvania. She's there now. That's it.

Officer Waters: You'll forgive us if we leave you alone here for a while while we....investigate. Oh and we'll send your lawyer in.

________________________________

Police Incident Report

Erie Police Department

Date: January 21, 2017

Category: Victim Retrieval

Summary of the Event: At 4:13pm the EPD received a phone call from the Frederick County Sheriff's Department concerning the whereabouts of Anna Harris within our jurisdiction. Immediately, units were mobilized toward the communicated location.

Location: the property in question was large in area. Although the property of the hunting cabin where Connor Carter claims to have kept Anna Harris was small, less than an acre, the surrounding property was about 20 square miles of undeveloped woods land. The owner of the property used it as a hunting location. The closest neighbors were about thirty minutes away. The property contained small rivers and streams, and a small lake or pond. 

Upon arrival at the property in question, officers were forced to remove the door of the cabin found on the property. 

Inside the cabin, officers found  chains to a wall in living room area. The chains were  bloody, and there was additional blood in the nearby area. All blood was immediately documented and sent to the lab for identification. 

Other objects of interest found inside the cabin include:

Two semi-automatic weapons

Additional chains in the living room, secured to the walls with heavy duty steel fasteners

A variety of hunting knives

A number of survivalist handbooks

Women's and Men's clothing items

Two bedrooms, one with women's living materials, one with mens, both with double beds

First aid materials

A closet filled with nonperishable food supplies

Locks on all kitchen cabinets and closets

In addition, the DNA of both Anna Harris and Connor Carter was found throughout the cabin. The DNA of at least two other unidentified males was likewise discovered. 

Of note: Connor Carter's DNA was NOT found in one of the two bedrooms. No fingerprints, hair follicles, etc. belonging to Connor Carter were found in that room.

__________________

Connor Alexander Carter

Part One of Recorded Interview

Date: January 21, 2017

Duration: 185 Minutes

Location: Frederick County Sheriff's Office

No. of Pages: 25

Conducted by Officers Brown and Waters

Officer Waters [shouting]: YOU LIED TO US CONNOR!

Connor Carter: Shouting won't get you anywhere Officer.

Officer Brown: Waters, calm down. Connor, where is Anna?

Connor Carter: I told you where she was.

Officer Brown: Did you take her out of the cabin and move her to another location?

Connor Carter: Did  I...? What?

Officer Brown: Anna Harris is not in the cabin you directed us to.

Connor Carter: What? Of course she is?

Officer Waters: Stop playing Coy with us Carter. Tell us what you did with her? Is she dead? Did you spill all that blood in the living room when you murdered her? Is she buried somewhere on the property? Did you drown her in the river? We have cadaver dogs on scene now!

Connor Carter: I didn't do anything to her. When I left, she was in the living room, like I said.

Officer Waters: Well she isn't there now.

Connor Carter: Well then I can't help you. 

Officer Waters: We had a deal.

Connor Carter: And I upheld my portion of it. I told you where I last saw Anna Harris. I am as surprised as you are to hear she is no longer there. The wily thing must have found a way out. I am of course, curious to know how she did so, but at the end of the day it no longer matters. The story of Anna Harris and I has ended. She is no longer of any consequence to me.

Officer Waters: See here's what I think Carter. I think you got a little too angry with your prisoner this morning. So you beat her up a little too hard. I think she died on you. And then you moved her body and went to get her migraine medicine, so no one would get supsicious while you figured out what to do. Except you got caught. So you tricked us into thinking Anna was still alive so you could play around with us, get what you wanted. And now you have one more thing to dangle over our heads: the location of her body.

Connor Carter: You've got it wrong Officer. But you'll figure it out soon enough. Whatever happened to Anna since she was in those chains this morning, it wasn't me.