Day 20

"I'm surprised you even got to day twenty," Killua said as he followed you, trailing not too far from behind. "Oh, shut up. I already told you, didn't I? I am not giving up that easily!"

"No matter how much effort you put in, I still don't think they would ever share the same feelings you have."

"Stop lowering my confidence, dammit!"

"Oh, so you do know you have an unlikely chance to have a boyfriend?"

"I knew that a long time ago."

"...what a shocker."

"Whatever. At least you get to see this pretty sunset!" You pointed above, the blue fading away as a beautiful shade of orange painted the sky. "Still not worth it. Going here for 51 days? And not to mention, in summer? I don't think you would last."

"I never said I wanted your opinion, idiot."

"I know how you hate going out on summers, (Y/N). You're going to give up soon." You sighed, rubbing your temples. "If you keep saying that, I feel like I'll give up..."

"That's what I'm aiming for, stupid."

"Eh? Why?!"

"Do you have any idea how exhausting it is to go on top of a hill everyday?!"

"That's your reason...?"

"Pfft, don't insult mine when your reason to go up there is outrageous."

"...I hate it when you're right."

"Damn right- wait, did you just agree with me?"

* * *

As time passed on, so did your patience. Your companion kept babbling about you giving up anytime soon or you should do something productive instead of something so stupid. And so, you finally snapped.

"Why the hell do you want me to give up?!"

Startled by your sudden tone, he steps back. Your eyes widened. "Ah, sorry, I just-"

"I'm sick of seeing you getting hurt."

You stopped in your tracks. You glanced at the male, who now had noticeably pink dusted on his cheeks as he averted his gaze.

"'I know'? So you do know your heart isn't the only one that broke when you got rejected?"

"Whatever, let's just get going." He rushed past you, who was still motionless, stunned. He bit his lip as he clenched his fist. "I'm never going to forgive anyone who hurts you...even if you hurt me..." he uttered underneath his breath, reaching no one's ears but his alone.

—☆—

It turned out super short. Oops, my bad. I did say in the last chapter that I would try to get it longer, but I noticed that the next chapters would be pretty long because it contains the most important part in the story, aside from the ending. Well, I didn't write them yet now nor did I plan it in a manner that all details are done, so I can't be sure. The following chapters aren't written yet unlike the chapters up till now, so they'll take longer.

Yeah.

I'm sorry.

Oh yeah, can I ask you guys a favor? The HxH Wattys are coming up. Soon, voting would start. I kinda wanted you guys to vote for my story...? Mine's kinda- no, totally cringy and rushed, but hey, it won't hurt to try...

Thanks!