Day 28

「ごめんなさい」

Despite your numerous attempts in the past few days, you still haven't talked to Killua properly. That little bastard somehow managed to avoid your (traps) presence, even if was on purpose or just by coincidence. Hell, it was as if he couldn't see you at all!

"Killua, you-"

"I'm sorry for making you wait. Let's go." Your eye twitched in annoyance as you saw your best friend and a fan girl of his walk away together, chatting vivaciously. "It's fine, Killua-kun," —cue your cringing as she spoke in a 'cutesy' voice and calling him by his first name and the honorific— "I didn't wait too long. Besides, you were busy fixing your handsome face. I wouldn't mind if I waited for hours. Days, even."

Damn. She got points for going along his conceited personality.

And she said she wouldn't mind if she waited for hours, or even days? Ha. You'll just imagine her standing in front of a park four hours straight and no Killua in sight. Not only that, but suddenly postponing their meet-up (as you would like to call it instead of 'date' because you knew people would misunderstand and think they're a couple and you strongly detested the idea) when she already waited for four hours.

Just like what happened a few months ago to you.

God, you wanted to kill Killua so much for wasting your time.

"But now, I'm here. Shall we go?"

"Yup! One of the stores near the hill is a cafe. Can we go there?"

You froze.

Oh hell no. Like hell you'd let that b*tch- I mean woman ruin your date with Killua. You already declared to go there back in day five!

"Oh, sorry, I don't- we can't."

"Eh? Why not?"

"Let's just say... I have a reason."

"Psh, fine... so should we go to the mall instead then?"

"Alright."

You sighed out of relief. At least he rejected her. Cue your evil laugh.

~ * ~

"Oof! Fudge, that hurt...!" You cursed as your butt hit the floor. "Watch where you're going, idio-" he froze as he saw your figure. Of course, being the gentleman he was, he ran past you instead of helping you up.

"Why that little...! You damn asshole! Get your ass back here! You haven't apologized yeeeeeeeet!"

You let out a sigh as you reminisced your (pitiful) attempts to approach him. Like all the others, it ended with a big fat F A I L (I might have broken the fourth wall again ._.), but you thought some of them were more pathetic and stupid in comparison with the rest. Then again, they were all stupid.

"Any progress?"

You literally fell from the chair.

"Gah...! Retz?! What the heck? Don't scare me!"

"Scare you...? You're too much of a scaredy-cat, (Y/N)." The blonde giggled at your startled face. "C'mon, stand-"

"Boo." Neon whispered in her ear.

"SHI- oh, it's just you... don't scare me, Neon!" You huffed, crossing your arms over your chest. "Oh, the irony."

"And when are you going to stand up, miss?"