Day 40

stuck in a writer's block on this chapter o.o oops. i think i procrastinated way too much on writing this chapter (cuz there are a lot of shiz going on right now, like school days are going to start soon and not the school days anime i mean school is starting), so it's a bit late... and my writing is a bit off... well, it's already bad anyway LOL

—☆—

You slumped into your chair, not having any idea what to do. You've read all the books that interested you and avoided the Math textbook unconsciously, done all your assignments miraculously enough, ate all the food you had bought earlier resulting to an empty wallet, rewatched all the episodes of your favorite anime in your phone which resulted in a low battery cellphone and you couldn't call anyone, and studied for the test your teacher was going to give you for tomorrow and would most likely forget everything tomorrow.

"Are you going to go home already, (Y/N)?" Retz asked. "We're going to the cafe nearby to finish assignments and to study for tomorrow. Are you coming?"

You shook your head. "It's fine. I already finished my assignments and studied anyway." Neon eyed you suspiciously. "If you say so..." she murmured. "Let's go." Retz nodded, and they walked away. "Can you believe it? (Y/N) already finished her assignments on time and studied for tomorrow!"

"I know, right? It's odd..."

"I heard that." You deadpanned.

"No you didn't." You rolled your eyes as they left, shutting the door closed. You slung your bag over your shoulder, sighing. "See you tomorrow, Gon." You said before leaving. "See you tomorrow, (Y/N)!" He replied with a cheerful smile. Although he was smiling, you knew he was in pain. You weren't the only one who was good friends with Killua. You smiled half heartedly in return before rushing out of the classroom.

'I don't remember me being this unenthusiastic before...' you sighed. You were about to go downstairs and exit out of the school, when someone greeted you. "Oh, (Y/N)-san!" A girl smiled at you, whom you recognized as Killua's fan girl who he had been hanging out with before he left. "Oh, it's you..." You murmured, crestfallen. Neon and Retz would've been more helpful. Maybe you should've agreed to their offer earlier...

"Are you okay? You seem... really downcast lately."

'You just stated the obvious. Who wouldn't be when their best fried left and chose to spend their time with others instead of their best friend? Not only that, but I never got the chance to confess to him...'

"Yeah... it's just not the same without... him."

"You're close friends, right?" You rose your eyebrow as she spoke in a low voice, seemingly sad. But hey, you're the one who's supposed to be sad!

"I guess you could say that. I would call it best friends, but since Gon seems more close to him, maybe childhood friends fit most..."

Wow, you just got friend zoned. And it was done by yourself.

"Just friends...?"

"Hmm...?"

"You know, you really are lucky."

"What are you talking about...?"

"You have someone you could trust... someone you can rely on... someone who supports you all the time... someone who always has your back and will always be by your side... someone who loves you... I'm kinda jealous." She giggled while you only gazed at her, puzzled.

"I'm not sure if you know, but if you do...

...tell him he didn't make a mistake." She stated before walking away, adorning a smile on her face, leaving you very confused. '"Someone who loves me"...? What the hell? Is that some sort of joke?'