Day 35

「あなたに会いたいです」

A sigh escapes his lips as he closed his eyes. The swings swung in a slow pace, hardly even moving. The breeze blew his light hair, its ends tickling his neck. Fluttering his eyes open, he gazed at the setting sun, the sky painted orange as the blue disappeared. His grip onto the chains tightened as he sat, in a train of thought. Only tranquility accompanied him at the moment.

It felt lonely.

Sure, he didn't really care if he had friends or not as it never mattered. He knew they were going to leave him anyways. Breaking his walls down and leaving him in the end, expecting him to build them right back up like he did the first time. No matter how long you he stayed beside him, in the end, they're going to leave.

Like everyone else did.

"...it's quiet." He murmured. "...and boring."

Used to people working and shouting at their co-worker for the paperwork and arguments between his family, he wasn't familiar with silence. Yet like usual, he was bored—is there really nothing entertaining, or at least interesting in this world?

"Umm...?" He blinked. 'Oh... was I too caught up with my thoughts to not notice a girl appear?'

There you stood; (H/C) hair flowing from the wind, (E/C) eyes blinking innocently at him, oblivious to the glare he sent, holding a (F/A) plushie. It seems that you were about the same age as him, a few months younger, probably.

"I-is it alright if I use the swing next to you?" You questioned. Normally, you would sit down on the swings as soon as you could, but the kid looked like he wasn't exactly...fond of you. Deciding he didn't want to speak with you, he only nodded. You mentally sighed out of relief as you sat down.

"Why are you in the park when no one's here?"

.....

Your hand shot up, clamping your mouth. "Gah! Why did I ask him?! This kid doesn't look like he wants someone to talk to him!" You murmured, but tried to make sure he didn't hear you. Unfortunately for you and fortunately for him, he has heightened sense of hearing.

"'That kid'? You're a kid too, aren't you?" He tried his best not to snicker at your embarrassed face.

Wait...

...snicker?

"W-wait, how did you hear me?!"

"I have ears. Duh." You rolled your eyes at his philosophy. "Of course you do, but how did you hear me when I said it in a volume you can't hear?"

"Normally can't hear." He corrected.

"Sooooo, you're saying you're abnormal?"

"Even if I am, I'm not the only one." He retorted, smirking at you. Your eye twitched in annoyance.

"I'm completely normal. See? If we weren't the only ones in this park, I would be one of the background characters!"

"But you're the protagonist."

Cue the fourth wall breaking.

"Whatever, let's just get this flashback scene over with."

"Stop breaking the fourth wall, would you?" You cleared your throat.

"What's your name?"

"A movie."

".....I give up." You held your hands in defeat. "I can't handle this assho-"