•part 7•

James PoV

My heart sank at Dave s words. I caused her all this pain and suffering. I'm so stupid, I don't know what I was thinking. She must've really liked me to have done all this.

"Dave, I need to win her back. what can I do?" I spoke, looking quizzically at my younger brother.

"Maybe you should just leave her for a while. Do something to take your mind off of her." Dave spoke fixing his bow tie in his reflection on the frosted window.

"I physically can't, secret is, this past year hasn't been the same without her. I've missed her so much. This is my chance to prove I'm worthy of her" I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Alright but don't tell Jess. She will kill me. literally, she hates you so bad for what you did to Suzie. Promise me one thing if I do help you with Suzie." Dave spoke glaring at me.

"Anything" I spoke with pleading eyes in the hopes that he will help me as much as he can.

"Don't fuck this up." He spoke, and I looked at him with guilty eyes.

"I know what I did was wrong but I can't take back what has been said. No matter how much I want to and if I could turn back the clock to a year ago I would've told her straight away that day that it was fine to be friends." I looked at the blonde exiting the party and lighting up a slim cigarette. It looks to be low nicotine.

"Look, you've been eyeing her up all night. Why don't you go and talk to her. You may even surprise yourself." He nudged me towards the girl and started to walk off inside.

Well, here goes nothing.

Suzie's PoV

Crowded parties just weren't my thing any more and even though this party was for my best friend I couldn't help but sneak out for some air and a cheeky cigarette.

Stepping outside the cool American air filled my lungs as I sighed in relief watching the landscape of the city in front of me.

I pulled out my white cigarette packet and pulled out a low nicotine menthol cigarette then pressed the slim filter in-between my lips. Pulling the lighter out of my pocket I sparked it. Nothing. I tried again. Still, nothing.

"Bloody hell" I sighed and took my cigarette out.

"Here let me" An all too familiar voice spoke. I turned around to be greeted with the familiar chocolate locks and dark brown eyes. He pulled out a pink lighter and I gasped at it. This is the same lighter that he took from me just over a year ago. He lit my cigarette and he looked at me.

"Have we met before you look familiar?" He asked. Pursing his lips together as he pulled out a cigarette of his own.

"Not that I'm aware of, why do you ask?" I questioned. This is brilliant. He doesn't even recognise me. But to be honest I don't even recognise myself.

"You remind me of someone i once had a lot of feelings for. You have the same eyes as she had and face shape." He spoke examining my features. I looked down and bit my lip.

"Oh, is that your girlfriend?" I questioned. Surely this couldn't be about me.

"No, unfortunately she ran away after I was a huge dick and I haven't seen her since. That was about a year ago now, thinking about it." He spoke and looked at the floor.

There was an awkward silence so I decided to break it.

"Right, the bride probably wants me so I best be off. See you around James." I walked off quickly and went straight to Jess.