Stargazing

You were sleeping comfortably underneath your (f/c) duvet, letting the warmth insulate you in your air conditioned house. As you continued your blissful and blessed sleep, you suddenly heard a tapping on your window. Brushing it off your shoulder and thinking it was probably leaves or even little bugs being stupid, you turned and continued to sleep. Sadly the tapping continued and thus breaking you out of your sleep. Cracking your eyes open, you looked at the window and gasped to see a silhouette of a person. You reached over to your lamp and turned the lights on and sighed in relief, seeing that it was Edd looking at you. You pushed your duvet off your body and walked to the window. Unlatching the lock, you pushed your window to the side and saw Edd hanging out; literally. He was just hanging on the edge of the roof and he was not fazed in the slightest.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he swung his legs and plopped onto the ledge of your window, sitting with his legs crossed and his hands supporting his body.

"Well I was sleeping," you began softly as you rubbed your eyes. "however now that you're here, I guess that could be pushed to the side. But my question is, why are you on my roof?" you asked softly, making sure your parents would not hear that you were awake.

"The sky is clear tonight, no clouds, not even lights. So I decided to grab my telescope and sit on the roof to see if I can catch a glimpse of a planet." he replied nonchalantly.

"But why on my roof?"

"Because I wanted you with me."

A blush rose to your cheeks as he uttered those words. "M-me? W-Why me?" you asked.

"Well, you barely go out. I barely see you even walk in the cul-de-sac, so why not bring you here." Edd said as he stood on the window seal and climbed up. You gasped as you quickly poked your head out and looked around. Suddenly there was a whistle and you whipped your head around and saw Edd perched on your rooftop, his telescope by his side. "Bunny I haven't got all night. I wanna see the stars and have a moments worth of peace before the idiots, in which I call friends, show up and start a stupid scam." he said as he held out his hand. You looked around nervously before looking back up. "I-Is it safe?" you asked, fiddling with your fingers anxiously.

" 'Course it is. Now grab my hand." he said. You pressed your lips together and nodded in agreement as you perched yourself on the window ledge. "Alright, now stand up on the ledge." he said. "Oh and don't look down. Keep your eyes up here." he ordered. Agreeing, you carefully stood up on the window seal and trembled as you held on to the small jutted frame of your window. Suddenly, your balance faltered and began to panic, felling yourself almost fall. Just as it was too late, a hand grabbed your wrist and held you steady. You looked up and saw Edd leaning over and pulling you up. With a final tug, he pulled you up. A yelp emitted from your lips as you lost your footing and landed on something warm and quite form. Blinking a couple of times, you shook your head and slightly gasped to see your position. There you were, sitting in Edd's lap, hands on his shoulders and centimeters away from his lips. Your face could not have been any redder than it was now, but you did take this opportunity to take in his facial features. His eyes were this hypnotizing blue green and his skin was perfect, but the cutest imperfection was the little tooth gap that he had. "U-Um.." you began softly. "T-Thank you." you said softly as you put a little bit of distance between you guys.

"Look." he said in a hushed tone as he pointed to the sky. You looked up and your (e/c) eyes widened and your jaw fell with gravity. The sky was crystal clear, and finally showed it's full potential. The stars twinkled as it scattered through the skies, some shining brighter than others. "Oh my goodness." you whispered breathlessly as you looked up in awe.

"It's a beauty. Some of these stars have lived thousands of years, generations before we came. And some aren't even stars. There's planets that twinkle and some are even distant galaxies." Edd explained. You smiled as he continued to talk about the cosmic and it's physics until he remembered. "Oh yeah, here." He said as he put his telescope in it's stands and pointed to the scope. "Look through there and just twist this to focus on things. Think of it like a microscope." You nodded and smiled as you began to venture your quest in finding planets and stars.

Edd's POV:

I sat there and watched as the (h/l) (h/c) haired girl began enjoying herself looking at the stars. It was intriguing how her innocence would captivate me in such a way. I watched as her gentle and nimble fingers would twist the dial so that she would have a better view, and how her soft voice would whisper out words of awe at the Big Bang's creation. Suddenly, I felt her shiver and she slightly pulled away and rub her arms. "Hey, you cold?" I asked in a hushed tone, not wanting to disturb this blissful silence with anything louder than a hush. She looked up at me with her (e/c) doe eyes and nodded, her (s/c) cheeks tinting a slight pink.

Chuckling, I took off my jacket and wrapping it around her. The pink that dusted her (s/c) cheeks now were now darker as she continued to look up at me. My eyes then began to memorize every facial feature that was on her; petal soft lips, dainty face, a button nose, large (e/c) doe eyes and soft, shiny (h/l) (h/c) hair. However my eyes trailed down to her lips being slightly parted, almost awaiting some action. And for some odd reason, I wanted to know. I wanted to know what those lips felt against mine. I wanted to know how her body would be felt against mine, her arms wrapped around my neck and leaving little to no room between us. Suddenly a loud and obnoxious voice blared through the skies. I reeled back, realizing that I was mere centimeters in fulfilling my desire. I looked over and shielded my eyes from the sudden bright light. "Step right up and get your own Eddy's Telescope to view the beautiful skies! Only one dollar!" Eddy said through a megaphone.

"Oi you ass hat!! Half of the fucking block is going to wake up because of you!!" I shouted and threw a tile at his head. Benefits of being best friends; beat the living shit out of him.

Your POV:

Your cheeks flared red as the blood rushed to your cheeks. Was Edd....was Edd about to kiss you? Just the thought of it makes your stomach flutter and do flips and your heart pounded like it ran marathon. "Edd," you said softly, tugging on his shirt. Edd growled and shot one more insult before turning back to your attention. "I-it's getting late, a-and I wanna go to bed." You said softly as you let out a yawn. He sighed as helped you get up. "I'm going to get down first and then I'm going to help you." He said as he hopped off and swung into your room. You carefully sat down at the edge of the roof with his telescope in your hand. "Alright, carefully come down." Edd said. Taking a deep breathe, you tried your best to calm your nerves and slowly lowered yourself. Warm arms wrapped around your legs and then your back. "Let go." he said. "I got you."

Shakily, you let go of your grip of the edge of the roof. You quickly clenched your eyes and gripped onto his telescope, waiting for the force of gravity to push on you. "Bunny, you can open your eyes." he chuckled. Slowly, you opened your eyes and took in your surroundings. "Told you I'm not going to let anything happen to my pet." he smirked as he set you down. "O-Oh..! T-Thank you." you said softly as you handed his telescope. He nodded as he grabbed it and walked to edge of your window and swung his legs out. "One more thing," he said. "keep the jacket. You look cute in it." he grinned before pushing off and disappearing. You ran to the edge of your window and watched as he landed on the tree branch and hopped down, before running out to his house. You blushed and smiled as you watched him.

Closing the window, you smiled as you hugged yourself. His scent was coated onto his jacket. The scent of paper, ink, fresh laundry and axe with hint of chlorine. It all mixed together to create this odd scent that was just him. Simply him. You let out a relaxed sigh and took his jacket off and gently put it on your chair before crawling into bed. As you laid there under you (f/c) duvet, you smiled as the memories replayed in your mind. Maybe one day, one day, you can confess your feelings to the guy. And with that, you slowly drifted into sleep, dreaming of traveling through the stars and galaxies with a certain someone by your side.