Stressed Out

It was the deadliest time of the semester. Panic was thick in the air as everyone readied their cards, making sure they're dealt the best way they can for optimal results. There was a drastic change as the following Monday rolled by. Students swarmed the libraries, both the school's and the public library, renting study halls till it was closing time. The nonchalant atmosphere turned into an atmosphere filled with anxiety and exhaustion. Of course, you fell victim to the effect. Your sleep schedule had been so off, if you could call four hours of sleep or less is considered a sleeping schedule. The dark circles under your eyes grew more evident as the days went by and your sense of style slowly shifted from the cute sweaters and nice attires to hoodies and jeans. To say the least, you prayed that these finals would just end so that you could recharge.

     It was Friday as you and Edd decided to study at his house for the final that was coming up on Monday. When you arrived, immediately, your phone buzzed in your hand. Looking down, you saw that it was Edd, stating that the door was open and just let yourself in. A sigh escaped your lips before adjusting your backpack and walked in. You knew Edd probably had it even more worse than you. Saying that he was a genius was an understatement and you knew that. Every higher education system was clawing their way towards him in hopes to get a chance to say they had the genius in their school and it only drove Edd madder than he already was. After climbing the stairs, you made it to his bedroom, only to the multiple desks and tables stacked with papers, a laptop propped open on his bed along with the desktop computer on with whatever he needed. You leaned against the frame of his bedroom door, watching as he looked through multiple books and organized his papers. A frown was etched on his face along with his eyebrows scrunched together in frustration. Gently, you knocked on the door, hoping to catch his attention. As planned, his head shot up before he looked back down at his paper. "Hey, just leave your stuff anywhere and let's get to it." Edd stated, agitation lacing his voice as he continued to speed through the papers. You nodded, deciding it was for the best that you don't say a word as you walked in and taking a seat on his floor and began the work that was needed to be done.

     Three hours had passed as the two of you continued to sit there in silence. Edd constantly cursed under his breath as he wrote something down before shooting up from his seat and walking around. By this point you were used to it, and you made sure that his path was clear so that he wouldn't hurt himself (the number of times he had a close call nearly gave your poor soul a heart attack). Out of the corner of your eyes, you watched as he turned the pages with frustration before looking over at his desktop computer, reading whatever article that was pulled up. That was it, you couldn't take it anymore. His frustration broke your heart while at the same time, agitated you as well, until suddenly an idea popped up in your head. "Hey Edd?" you asked, your soft voice slightly horse from staying quiet for so long. "I-I was wondering if you could help me with this question. I-I've been stuck on it for a while now, if you can that is."

     Edd looked over his shoulder before he sauntered over to you. "What?" he asked, frustrated at the copious amount of work he has.
"It's this question." You said, pointing to the question. Just when he looked over, you grabbed his wrist and yanked him down to the floor. A surprised grunt escaped he fell to his knees right next to you.
"(Y/n) what the fu-!?"
"Edd, seriously, you need a break." You said softly.
"A break?! (Y/n), have you seen the amount of shit I have? I don't have time for a break!" He exclaimed, his voice rising as anger slowly took over. Before he could get up, you quickly shoved your stuff off your lap before launching yourself at him, pushing his shoulders down so that he was flat on his back. "(Y/n), that's enough! Get the fuck off me!"
"Not until you promise to take a break!"
"I'm not going to take a break! I don't have time for one!" Edd shouted.
"Then I'm not getting off you!" you shouted back.
"You know good in hell well that I can throw you off of me." Edd glared.
"I-I dare you...!" you stuttered, trying your best to keep a strong stance. You gasped as Edd grabbed your wrist, catching you off guard as he shot up, his face merely centimeters away.
"You want to run that by me again?" He asked lowly, his cold blue eyes staring into your (e/c) ones.

     There was a moment of tense silence before Edd sighed, releasing your wrist. "What's it going to take for you let me get back to work?" Edd asked calmly. You fiddled with the sleeves of your hoodie, trying to find a way to give him some sort of break. Suddenly, your eyes caught of a black colored bulky device and immediately you pointed to that. "Show me that." You stated. Edd looked over his shoulder to see what you were pointing at and raised an eyebrow.
"You want me to show you a star projector?" he asked, questioning you as he looked back at you.
"Yes. I want to see one."
"But you've already seen one." Edd explained, recalling the time where he brought a star projector to physics.
"Yes but, I want to see that one again." you replied. "If you do, then I'll let you be."

     Edd looked at you warily before sighing. "Fine." He mumbled as he ushered for you to get off of him. As you did, he reached behind him and grabbed the star projector. After closing the blinds and the door, leaving the room completely dark except for the computers, he stood in the middle of the room, projector in hand and turned it on. Immediately, the room was lit with the stars that decorated space itself. You awed a little as you stood up, looking around with utter awe. Edd watched as you took delicate steps around him, gently touching the furniture that had familiar constellations like the big dipper, Ursa major and Orian. "It's like that night on the roof huh." You said softly, causing him to break out of his trance. "I always liked that night. You looked so happy looking up at the stars." You hummed in content, staring mindlessly at the little flickers of light. Edd stood quietly, remembering that night all too well. The way your (e/c) eyes twinkled with awe, how you curled up towards him when it got cold. Even though you had woken up from your slumber, you managed to look so beautiful. "I should probably let you get back to work." You said, walking back to your place on the floor with your books and backpack.

     Silently, Edd turned off the projector, opening the blinds of his window and opening the door as well. Silence fell in the room as Edd began his work yet again. That's when he realized something. He wasn't frustrated anymore. Answers came to him in a slow and steady pace to the point where his main desk was cleared and his stacks of papers were now neatly stacked, put in files or trashed because it was unneeded. To surprise him even more, it only took half the time that it took for him to dig up research. Quietly, he looked over to see you sitting on the floor, looking back and forth between the computer and scribbling your notes. Feeling guilty about snapping at you, he made his way over to you, crawling on the bed so that he was close to you again. This week did in fact take a heavy toll on him. Eating became a nuisance to him, and the amount of coffee and energy drinks he chugged down could possibly kill him.

     With the bed moving, it never bothered you, however when you felt a tap on the shoulder, you looked over, only to see Edd look at you with those beautiful blue eyes before he leaned against your forehead. You stood still for just a moment before relaxing and leaned against his as well. You could tell the sincerity that he was trying to portray with his silent apology, and you responded just the same. When you pulled away, he looked more at ease now and looked back at his computer. For the rest of the time, there was comfortable silence as the two of you chatted with each other every now and then. The sky grew dark before you knew it and you thought it was about time you should head home. However, just before you could even close your laptop, Eddy and Ed bust into the room, dressed in full winter gear.

     "What's up my beautiful and wonderful nerds! Boy do I have a scam that will know your Christmas socks off your feat and send them straight to Santa!" Eddy cheered as he began to explain his elaborate scheme. Just when he finished, the four of you sat in silence before Edd spoke. "Eddy that's absolutely moronic." Edd said bluntly.
"Oh shut up sock head, you're in or what?" Eddy snapped, crossing his arms.
"Of course I am. What the hell would you do without me?" Edd said with a cheeky grin as he got up and grabbed his jacket.
"I guess I'll go with you guys as well." You smiled as you grabbed your jacket.
"See? I knew you nerds would love it!" Eddy grinned as he sauntered out. "Come on lumpy! There be some money that needs to be earning!" Eddy shouted, causing Ed to follow the three.