My Champion

During the school year, there was a certain time that makes everyone excited. Sometimes it's graduation, the last day of school, or winter break where everyone is gone to vacation with family and friends. As much as those days are fun, it is sportsmanship that really brings out the joy in most. The energy and enthusiasm is spread like wild fire throughout the student body. It's even more powerful when it's your school that actually holds winning titles, especially if those winning titles have been for four years in a row without a single failure. It's sportsmanship that encourages other organizations in the school to reach for success so that they can bask in the glory as well. Now, there was one question that is probably running through your mind; how in the world did you know all this? Sure, your father loved watching sports with his friends but you yourself weren't as interested. Now don't go and assume, you didn't mind the competitiveness of it and you didn't mind watching big sports events such as the Super Bowl or the Olympics or even the FIFA World Cup, however, it simply didn't interest you. So how did you know this information? Well there is a simple answer to that, and it starts off with what happens first thing in the morning.

It was just your average school morning as you wore your favorite hoodie that ended at your mid-thighs along with some tights and comfortable pair of boots. With your backpack on your back and your earbuds in your ear, you casually made your way to school. Lost in your own world with music consuming your thoughts, you hadn't realized that someone is behind you. Before you even know it, you felt your being be picked up. A screech escaped your lips as you tried to free yourself, you suddenly heard a certain voice. "Easy bunny it's only me!" You stopped flailing as you looked over your shoulder to see Edd's smug look, only for you to drop your shoulders.

"E-Edd! That wasn't funny! I-I was terrified!" you scolded, trying to calm your racing heart down.

"Hey I've been calling you for a good while now. I swear bunny, you're so lost in your own world anyone could kidnap you. I'm just making sure you learned a lesson." Edd smirked as he put you down on your own two feet.

You pouted as you looked at him before turning away from him and walking on.

"Aww bunny, come on now, don't be like that!" Edd said, following you, however you continued to walk on, not even once responding to him. As he continued, he grabbed your arm and pulled you to the side (insert the Korean drama magic~ ✿♬゚+.(。◡‿◡)♪.+゚♬✿。)and pressed you against the wired fence of the school and forced you to face him. A squeak left your lips as you looked at him.

"I'm sorry." He said with the most upmost seriousness. You sighed, deciding to give up on trying to be mad at him and gave him a hug.

"Fine. You've been forgiven." You hummed, causing him to chuckle as he hugged you back. "By the way, were you trying to be a Korean drama?" you asked, looking up at him as the both of you walked hand in hand.

"Smooth right?" he smirked. "Can't only help but thank you for binge watching Netflix instead of homework."

"You're welcome." You giggled as the both of you made it to the school. That's when you noticed that something was off.

It was oddly quiet. Usually students would still be coming in or hanging around in the front, however there was none, except for a group of guys that wore the same letterman jacket of orange, blue, and gold. "What's going on?" you asked to no one in particular. Edd took this time to also analyze what was happening when his attention was turned towards Ed and Eddy wearing something a little bit fancier than usual. That's when he groaned, rubbing temple. "Oh man I should've came here later." Edd grumbled before sighing.

"Later? Edd? What's happening?" you asked curiously.

"You know how I'm part of the swim team? Well, let's just say that me joining in the varsity team and being their living legend gained me some popularity."