Eddy's House

It was a simple yet lovely Monday afternoon as you busied yourself with your usual tasks. Now, some may wonder why a Monday could be oh so wonderful? Well, not only was the weather a beautiful 70°F with a wonderful cool breeze that felt absolutely refreshing, today school was out due it being Staff Development day. That meant you could get a few extra hours of sleep. As you wondered around your kitchen, wondering what you should snack on, you heard your phone let out a small noise. 

Looking over, you saw that that it was a message from Eddy. Raising an eyebrow, you opened the message to see that you were invited over to his house. Well that's rather...unusual of him. If he were to invite you, he would usually specify that it was for a prank or scam however nothing followed the message. Just a brief "come over to my house". A part of you felt hopeful that it was possible that Eddy finally acknowledged you as part of the group, however another part of you worried that it could be an emergency. There's a higher chance that it could be an emergency, you thought. Thus, you quickly replied to Eddy's text and quickly slipped on a pair of shoes, grabbed your keys and rushed out of the house.

Speed walking to Eddy's house, you had found yourself at his front door sooner than you had expected. Catching your breath, you quickly knocked on the door. Silence fell as you waited anxiously. No response. A couple of minutes passed and still no answer. Once again, you knocked on the door and this time, you had a much quicker response. Letting out a small gasp, you jumped in surprise as the door swung open. There you saw the friendly and familiar face of Ed, who gave you his signature goofy smile. "(Y/n)!" he cheered as he looked over his shoulder. "Hey Eddy! (Y/n) is here! Can we get pizza??" he asked, completely forgetting that you were standing there and dashed off to wherever Eddy was.

Standing there utterly confused at what had just happened, you decided to let yourself in, thinking it was better than standing outside like a complete idiot. Closing the door behind, you looked around the living room. It was very typical really, nothing too outlandish or unusual for a suburban house. You waited in the living room for quite some time, waiting for Eddy to pop out of nowhere to explain the reason behind the sudden invite, however no one showed. Curiosity blended with boredom took over you and thus you decided to walk around his house in hopes you could find him somewhere. Everything seemed normal really, nothing out of the ordinary really, until you stumbled upon a room with its door wide open.

Taking a peek inside, you could immediately tell it was Eddy's room. From the round bed with the eccentric bedding, to the mess that was scattered all around the floor, it simply screamed Eddy.  What really sealed the deal that it was Eddy's room, was that he had a neon sign that had his name. Taking a tentative step forward into the room, you felt your foot hit something. Immediately stepping back in fear that you might have ruined something of his, you looked down only see a magazine with vintage cars on the front. You let out a small sigh of relief as you leaned down to grab the magazine.
"I wouldn't if I were you." you heard a familiar voice warn. Quickly you stood back up straight, only to see Edd standing there with a towel draped on his head and one wrapped around his waist.
"E-Edd!" You squeaked, your face becoming warm at the sight. Edd let out a small chuckle as he walked over to you, grabbing a tissue and delicately picking up the magazine.
"Well bunny, to you in another man's bedroom instead of my own or yours? I guess you deserve a punishment." Edd smirked.

"M-Me?! Y-you're the one here in just a towel leaning against the door frame all cool and all..!" you protested, only causing Edd to chuckle again.
"Relax Bunny i'm only teasing." he said as he looked around the room.
"By the way, why didn't you want me to hold the magazine?" you asked curiously. "It's only a car magazine."
"Bunny, as much as I would really love to take advantage of such a beautiful opportunity and embarrass my dear friend since childhood, a man's honor is guarded by his most trusted brothers." Edd explained eloquently, shoving the magazine away. "Now, tell me, why are you here." he asked, turning on his heels to face you.

"Well, I got a text from Eddy to come over here. I assumed that it was a possible emergency since he usually tells me when it's for a prank or something like that, but no explanation. Maybe you know why?" you asked. There was no response when you finished as Edd took in this little bit of information. You looked at him curiously before he finally smiled. It was a soft smile, but a smile none of the less. His best friend of so many years, had decided to open his tight knit trio to someone else. Sure it wasn't a complete open book, but it was a start. "Just some pizza and movies. C'mon, they probably have everything set up by now." Edd said as he guided you out into the hallways. "Besides, I need to find out where the fuck he put my clothes." He mumbled, causing you to giggle at his frustration. You were surprised really. It wasn't an emergency, nor was it the need of assistance for a prank or a scam. It was simply just pizza and a movie, and that's something you were more than happy to participate with.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"By the way Edd, you never explained why you were showering in Eddy's bathroom?" you asked as you curiously looked at Edd whom had just finished changing into his usual attire. "Ah, my parents are renovating the bathroom so I can't use them." Edd explained, taking a seat next to you on the couch, followed by Ed and Eddy.
"Alright, everyone shut your traps cause the movie is about to start." Eddy snapped before pressing play and letting the movie begin. You looked over to see Eddy staring nonchalantly at the movie, a smile gracing your lips before turning your attention towards the movie. Sure, Eddy is a hard head, but he did have a kind heart in the inside.