Summer Tradition

Summer, like any other season, had positive days, and negative days, and today was a negative. To say it was hot outside, was an understatement. It was sweltering. You swore that you saw the sun's brutal heat waves when you looked outside your window and it was probably hot enough to cook an egg on the sidewalk or bake cookies in a car. Usually on hot days like this, everyone usually goes to the pool, the lake, the beach, any body of water to be honest, or travels somewhere. You, however, haven't budged the slightest. You have literally done everything and anything that you wished to do during the school year such as binge watch you favorite television shows and movies, surf through the internet for countless of hours, read all the books that you wanted to read during the year, even having time to go through every single one of your apps on your phone. You even began to miss the work that the school gave you. To put it bluntly, you were bored and to make matters worse, there was no excitement in the cul-de-sac today. Nothing. Not even the murmur of chatter or people walking. It was as if you lived in a ghost town. As you laid in bed, your air conditioner on blast along with your ceiling fan whirring, you continued to scroll through your phone mindlessly, that is until your thumb accidentally tapped your messages. Immediately your eyes landed on the name that had a blue and pink heart next to it; Edd. Well, it was worth a shot, and besides, there wasn't much harm in texting him. For goodness sake your his girlfriend! It should be natural...right?

Shaking off any doubt, you took a calm breath and messaged him a simple greeting. You smiled as you felt somewhat accomplished. It wasn't too hard, you thought to yourself. A simple greeting that could be replied now or even later! But what if he was busy? Could you possibly be bothering him? To be honest, Edd does a lot of experiments, it shouldn't be a problem, should it? "Agh! It's just a dumb text!" you scolded yourself, slapping your cheeks to snap you out of your habit of over thinking. Suddenly, a loud ping came from your phone and you quickly grabbed it, immediately opening it to read the message that was given. Hey bunny just in time. Everyone in the cul-de-sac is at the lake near by. Wanna join?
You thought for a moment, asking yourself if you wanted to join. It could be fun, you have nothing else to do, what's the harm. Looking back down at your phone, you began to tap your reply. Sure that sound's lovely! Is there anything you want me to bring?

Just your cute ass in a swimsuit ;) along with anything else you would bring at the beach. Food sounds cool too. Alright I'll pick you up in an hour, Edd replied and you immediately jumped into action. Thankful that you had showered this morning, you quickly searched through your closet to grab your large beach bag and began to pack your essentials. After making sure everything was in there like your towel, some spares of shoes, sunscreen, and anything else, you quickly slipped on your bathing suit and slipped on a lace beach kimono along with some shorts before rushing downstairs to the kitchen. You rummaged around, finding a case of soda and other goodies to eat. After looking at the clock, you sighed, feeling relief that you had some time on your hands, thus forth deciding to make some sandwiches to eat.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and immediately you could tell it was Edd, for his timing was impeccable. You rushed to the door and quickly swung it open, only to find Edd standing there leaning against your door frame wearing nothing but black swimming trunks, an full unbuttoned black short sleeved shirt and his signature beanie along with some sandals. "Well hello to you too." Edd purred. A small squeak escaped your lips as you fiddled with the lace kimono. "Damn, if we didn't have anyplace to go, I would've had myself a cute little bunny for a treat." He smirked wolfishly, causing you to blush even more. "But sadly, I don't have that luxury at the moment, so let me help you get your stuff in the car and lets go." He said as he walked into grab the bag and the case of soda. You rushed back into the kitchen to finish the rest of the sandwiches, and quickly putting them in a large bag.