Date Due

It was a regular Friday for the students of Peach Creek High as the students packed their things and made their way home for a weekend filled with fun, homework, laziness and procrastination. For Edd, along with the other athletes in the school, had just finished their regular practice and training and were making their way home. However, to Edd's dismay, swimming practice had taken longer than expected, which meant he couldn't walk you nor his friend's home. As he packed his bags, neatly organizing his wet clothes, a conversation barely made its way into his ears. "Hey Grant! I heard you're taking someone out!" someone called out.
"Oh! Haha, yeah." Grant grinned bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck. "We're going to the local restaurant for the first date."

Edd stopped his movement as Grant said those last two words. First date. Had he taken you on the first date? He should have, it's the first rule in dating. The first date is always important! Well, there was that Saturday morning outing, however that was more like a mixture of a date and some chores that he needed to do. Then there were those mini events that happened here and there, but he couldn't consider those as dates for the sake that he simply invited you or you were part of the process of making those events. Edd internally cursed, he really hadn't taken you on a formal date that consisted of shy movement and awkward silence.
"Hello! Is anyone in there in that big brain of yours?!" Stephan called. Edd blinked out of his thoughts, only to his quirky teammate looking him straight in the face.
"What?" Edd asked, raising an eyebrow, a stoic face plastered on his face.

"Well firstly, I've been calling you for the past five minutes so either you're doing your math homework in your head, or something's bothering you." Stephan asked, shrugging as he sat on the bleacher looking at the team's wonder boy.
"Whatever." Edd mumbled, swinging his bag over his shoulder and made his way out of the natatorium.
"H-hey!" Stephen yelped as he quickly dashed off after him. "Now I definitely know something's wrong. What is it? You couldn't walk your girlfriend home?" Stephan asked cheekily.
"Sure. Whatever floats your boat." Edd said bluntly, ignoring his bubbly friend.
"Come on Edd! You can tell me!" Stephan whined, standing in front of him and crossing his arms. Edd sighed, knowing the guy was going to be persistent.
"Fine. I overheard Grant saying he was taking someone out on a first date and it made me remember that I forgot to take my girl on the first date." Edd sighed, letting all his worries out and open.

Stephan stood silently as he listened before opening his mouth. "How in the world did you manage to keep a girlfriend this long?" Stephan asked in a comical yet blunt manner.
"I swear I'm going to punch you right in the face." Edd shouted before sighing.
"Well, why not do it today?" Stephan suggested.
"What?"
"The date? Why not do it today? It's better late than never."
"How?"
"Well ask her. I mean come on, it's not like you have anything better to do." Stephan shrugged.
"Well, I do have that research on the side...then there's the one the school asked me to do..."
"Wow I really wonder what she saw in you." Stephan commented bluntly.
"I'm going to kill you." Edd growled. "Alright, I'll take that advice. It better work." Edd grumbled, pulling out his phone as he sent you a quick message.
"I know it's going to work! Ladies love me!" Stephan grinned childishly.
"Yeah, you're lucky you have a pretty face, cause that's all you got." Edd smirked as he walked home.
"You're a jerk!" Stephan whined with a playful pout.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was just after school as you relaxed in your room, freshly showered and in your pajamas, sprawled out on your bed with snacks and watching whatever it was on your computer. It wasn't the best week, but it wasn't the worst. All you knew was you needed to unwind and forget what the teachers piled on you. As you munched on your snack, laying in the most awkward position known to man, you watched whatever Youtube provided you. Suddenly, your phone went off, causing you peek over in its direction. You were in the most comfortable position, and you honestly did not want to move. An idea suddenly popped in your head as you looked back at your phone and reached out to grab it, with your sock covered foot. With a tongue stuck out, you focused with all your might as you stretched your leg to grab it. Suddenly your foot slipped, causing you to tumble down with a yelp. You groaned, as you sat up, rubbing your head as you looked at your side table and glared at the innocent phone that sat there charging.