His Madness, his sanity

Ice blue eyes twitched as music blasted in his ears while he walked through the school. He watched as his black combat boots hit the tile floor of the educational building as students ran amok through the school. To his dismay, Eddy was out with the family to meet his older brother's new fiancé, and Ed was out to a gravy exhibit that he begged his parents to go to. To top it off, you weren't here either because you were out with a cold. He sighed as he prepped himself for the day before walking straight to his locker. He jumped a little when a huge water bottle was chucked at the locker before it landed right next to him standing up right.

Immediately, everyone broke out in cheers and hollers as someone grabbed his shoulder and shook him while others recorded the scene with their smartphones. "Dude that was amazing!!" the student that grabbed him cheered. Edd glared before growling "Get your hands off me." The student shuttered as he let go immediately before Edd slammed the locker and walked off. 'Okay Eddward, just get through this day without murdering someone and you'll be okay,' Edd consoled himself as he opened the door, only to see that many people were standing there completely still. He stood there as someone with a camera walked around, zooming in and out before he made to Edd and then cut the video off. Everyone sighed as they all walked back to their seats. Still confused, Edd walked in and took a seat at his desk, only to see written on the white board in front of the class in big purple letters #MannequinChallenge. 'There is always the chance of- No. I can make it. Okay so people do internet challenges all the time. It can't be that bad,' Edd thought to himself as he watched the teacher came in.

The next few periods weren't so bad before he got to lunch. "Alright, I guess I can pick up (Y/n)'s assignments so she doesn't miss them." Edd mumbled to himself as he walked to some of your classes he knew. After picking up the assignments, he walked to the cafeteria, only to be welcomed by squeals, stretching and squishing sounds. "What the fuck..." he mumbled as he looked over, only to see an entire table making a batch of slime. "It's just slime, what is so fucking interesting..." he groaned as he grabbed a pizza. When he turned around, he jumped a little when he saw these poor freshmen students crying with terribly swollen lips. "Hahaha! They did the Kylie Jenner lip challenge!" one kid laughed immaturely.

"Oh my gosh Trevor, shut up!" one wailed.

Edd's eyes twitched before another fight broke out between two girls. Everyone cheered as they whipped out their phone and started recording. "That's it." Edd stated to himself chillingly calm. Edd chucked the terribly made pizza in the trash as he took the opportunity of the fight to sneak out of the school. "Fuck this." He grumbled as he dashed back home. He'll ask his classmates later, and besides, he's already ahead of the class. Agitation coursed through Edd's veins as he made his way back to the cul-de-sac. Soon enough, he made it all the way to the front steps of your house, his hand already knocking against the door. Why was it taking you so long to answer? Maybe you had fallen asleep? Thoughts ran through his mind before the door opened and there you stood meekly in your pajamas, along with your blanket wrapped around you. Your face was flushed yet pale, along with being swollen as well. Your tired (e/c) eyes looked at his ice blue ones weakly, and he could just tell that you had managed to get out of bed. Honestly you were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen at the moment, no sarcasm intended.

"E-Edd?" you rasped out, followed by a fit of coughing. "W-why are you home at this time? Shouldn't you be in class?" you asked weakly.

"Trust me bunny, you don't want to be at school right now." Edd sighed as he made his way inside. There was no denying it, he had chills running down his spine. His slight OCD of germs and health was kicking in, but he knew that he had to swallow it down, no matter how it churned his guts. Suddenly, he felt a weak tapping on his shoulder. He turned around, only to find your blanket covered hand holding out a sterile mask, while the other blanket covered hand covered your mouth.