chapter twenty

author's note: so, this is the twentieth chapter! yay, you and i have both made it this far. haha.
also, thank you so much for 10,000 reads! What!!! That's absolutely insane! Thank you all so much. I can't believe this book has 10,000 reads. I really was only expecting maybe 1,000 for the entire thing. I just.. i can't believe it. Thank you.

Harry stood in the line, getting his frappuccino, and looking around at all the people that were in the same coffee shop as him. He remembers not that long ago, this is where he and Louis met. And right now, it felt like that was ages ago, considering how in love they were, but it really wasn't. Maybe about five months or so.

"Harry?" He heard someone call his name, but he didn't really think anything of it. There could be many Harry's around here. "Harry.. Styles?" He whipped around once he heard his last name and there stood his ex-boyfriend from high school. From fucking high school! He couldn't believe he was seeing this boy again. "Dean." He whispered remembering all the good memories and how much they were in love. And how much he broke his heart. Holy shit.

Whenever Harry and Dean were juniors in high school, they met and just instantly clicked like they were meant to be. Like fate had thrown them together. And soon after that they went on dates and more dates then finally called each other their boyfriend. Dean was the first person he ever had sex with, and his first true love. Then, when they were about to graduate school, Dean got an opportunity to go play basketball for North Carolina and they knew it just wouldn't work out. It was a mess. They sobbed in the airport together and kissed like their was no tomorrow. "How are you?" He smiled, sticking his hands in his pockets of his jeans and Harry remembered him doing that all the time. It was like a habit for him. "I'm doing really good. How are you? How's school?" He asked with a smile, trying to be polite but wanting nothing more than to run. He didn't love this man anymore, so how come he had butterflies in his stomach? How can you love someone you haven't seen in so long? He has Louis now and he's the best thing to ever happen to him.

"It's great. I'm going to graduate this year and move back here." He smiled showing off his perfect, straight teeth and his cute little dimple on his left cheek. "That's awesome. I'm proud of you." Harry smiled and realized that was kinda weird to say to someone you don't really know anymore. "Thanks." He smiled, looking down at Harry's pretty, pink lips. "Anything new with you?" Dean asked as the line moved up a bit. "Uh, yeah, I have a boyfriend." Harry answered because he was proud to say he was with someone. "Really? That's great. Do you remember Stacy?" He asked him and Harry knew instantly who he was talking about. She was super nice, but such a bitch to Harry. She always had to say something smart to him about anything. He hated her.

"Yeah." He nodded with a small smile wondering what he was going to say about her. "Well, me and her are engaged." He smiled, his brown eyes sparkling at the thought of his fiance. Harry was a bit surprised at the fact they were together though. He remembers in school when they were together, their was a rumor that Dean cheated on him with Stacy. When Harry brought it up, Dean denied and denied even though it was true. He hooked up with Stacy a few times when he and Harry were a couple. "Wow, I'm happy for you." Harry smiled even though he was a tad confused. Did he always love Stacy? More than him?

"Harry... Styles?" The barista said holding his caramel, icy drink. "Thank you." He took it and quickly made his way out of the building and into the fresh outdoors. He couldn't believe he just saw Dean. What the fuck! "Wait, Harry?" He whipped around when he heard Dean call out his name again. "Huh?" He asked swallowing uneasily as he watched his ex-boyfriend look at him like he was still in love with this man the whole time. "Can I have your number?" He smiled hoping he would say yes because he missed Harry. A lot actually. He always wondered what would it be like if they were still together.

Harry looked at him in disbelief. He couldn't believe he was asking for his number. Is it a good idea? Probably not. "I.. Dean, I don't think that would be good." Harry shook his head remembering Louis and how much he loved him. Dean's smile dropped and he pursed his lips softly then sighed. "Of course. You're right. Um, well, it was nice seeing you." He smiled lightly and pulled him into a hug which Harry wasn't expecting. He smelled different than when they were dating. He smells like an ocean kind of scent, and a bit of deodorant. "You too." Harry whispered and pulled away to give him one last smile.

He waved goodbye and headed to his car to get away from his old lover. It felt weird for him, it was like he missed him, but also not. He's in love with Louis, but seeing Dean made him think everything over again.

When Harry got back to his place he got out his phone and texted Louis because he needed these weird feelings to go away.

I love you

He sent and sat down the phone then plopped down on his bed. He let out a small sigh as millions of thoughts ran through his head, each one all about Dean. He was starting to question whether or not he loved Louis like he thought he did.

Aw, I love you too baby !

He looked down at his phone and smiled because it was nice to know if he did love Louis, he loved him too.

The next week went by agonizingly slow especially for Harry since he needed to see Louis as soon as possible. He needed to know that he loved him and would do anything for him.

"So, you're coming over tonight, right?" Harry asked picking at his nails as he spoke to Louis on the phone. "Yes, babe. For the fifth time. Yes." He chuckled lightly on the other end and Harry just sighed internally because he didn't want Louis to think he was worried or something. He wasn't. Well, he was a little because he wanted to know if he really loved Louis or if it was just the attention he loved.

"Okay, I can't wait!" Harry smiled trying to act as excited as he could which Louis fell for because he smiled to himself while his cheeks turned a rosy color. "Me too, love. Well, I gotta go, I'll see you later!" Louis said as Zayn glared at him because he was taking time from his work. "Okay, bye Lou!" Harry smiled and they hung up at the same time. He let out a sigh of content and rested his head back on the couch cushion. Tonight was going to be a good night, he thought to himself.

It was around six when Louis finally showed up at Harry's door and he couldn't have been more excited. He missed Harry with all his heart and he would be proud to admit that he loves his baby Harry. "Coming!" He heard from the other side of the door and then sounds of running and things being shoved into a closet.

"Lou!" Harry swung open the door and his eyes lit up at the sight of his boyfriend standing there in all black. His blue eyes pierced into Harry's and his scruff was getting thicker and Harry was so into it. "Love, how are you?" Louis gleamed as they walked inside, Harry shutting the door behind them. "I'm doing good actually, I'm a lot better now that you're here though." Harry giggled because he knew how cliche that was, and maybe that's why he liked it so much. "Well, I'm glad. I am too." Louis winked causing Harry's cheeks to turn a bright pink. "I missed you so much." Harry smiled as Louis wrapped his arms around him, smelling the sweet scent of Harry's perfume. He actually liked that Harry wore women's perfume, it suited him well.

"I missed you too, baby." Louis whispered and held him a little bit longer before letting go of him. When he pulled back he pushed a strand of Harry's hair behind his ear causing the younger one to blush. He loved when Louis did that, he didn't know why, but he did. "You're so beautiful." Louis whispered staring into Harry's big, green eyes. "So are you." He giggled and kissed Louis on the side of his mouth.

"So, let's make some cupcakes." Harry smiled at the thought of them two baking together. It would be fun.

author's note: hi! finally an update! also, thank you for 15,000 reads! I can't even believe it. thank you so, so much. when i was writing this chapter i had 10,000 and now 15. wow. thank you from the bottom of my heart :)